SimWorks Studios announced development of Kodiak 100

Might want to jump over to the SWS Discord channel. That is very active, and gets responses daily.

1 Like

Honestly man I left all discords today I am tired of being flamed for feedback and bug reports and trying to help people fix crashing and boost performance. I’m just done with it. I can’t even bring myself to fly today I have been harassed so much lately. Like development in the 90’s im disconnecting from most channels. Since I am not a tester I have to dump data here. Not my choice but it’s my only outlet and even this is being threatened now. Anyways back on topic and just hope SWS is listening and I know they are but yeah. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 Like

Couple of random questions on the auto pilot.

• The yaw damper YD notification comes on when you hit the YD button but I do not see much difference, is this implemented ?
  • Hitting the Level button cause LVL to flash for one second and turn off again even in a severe bank, is this implemented?
  • changing flaps with the AP enabled seems to cause a delayed flap-trim compensation that kicks in when you disable the AP, is this working as expected?

I noticed this with NXi version of the G1000 today as well. I only tried it again today because of yesterday’s 0.11.0 update.

In addition to LVL not working in the Kodiak with the latest NXi the terrain doesn’t display on map in the center console (but it does work with the NXi in the C172).

I checked the model and LOD2 has nothing that is supposed to appear purple. On SU7 it worked fine (no, you didn’t have this version for SU7). I don’t know what it is that causes it, but seems to be SU8 related. If I didn’t get it before, why is it there now?

However, the LOD system in MSFS seems to have changed and we don’t have control over it.

I can confirm that i saw purple screens yesterday when cold & dark and moving the drone camera away.

I’ve seen that on other aircraft so it’s definitely sim related (purple screens).

As for the LOD, and in sort of a response to another post, not quite sure how it’s the fault of Xbox but people find it a convenient scapegoat for their niggles and gripes, it seems.

I have the Kodiak on the Series X and it looks fantastic.

1 Like

Do you have a picture?

I can probably take one. Of which item?

of the mfd

Is it purple or pink? Related to missing texture at that lod?

I always keep old versions of planes, so I can flip between them to test stuff. I haven’t yet upgraded so I can quickly check the purple screen thing first with the old version, then try the new version.

On the old version you will find the same screens on LOD3. We moved the screens (only) one LOD up because no-one really needs the G1000 at that distance and perspective.

2 Likes

Hmm. So you mean the purple screen issue users are reporting should be seen on both versions of the Kodiak, current plus one back, with SU8?

LOD2 cockpit with engine running - looks normal to me:

LOD2 cockpit being cold and dark:
flightsimulator 2022-03-19 11-39-56 (2)
It seems it gets some “fake” instrument display being “pinkish” but still resembles the g1000 (speed tape, FDs are more or less identifyable).
Looking closer the PFD/MFD is dark as it should be, only by getting away further do they get this pink/purple coloring.
It’s not something I’m anxious about but I took this pictures to help investingating (and to check if I’m affected too).

1 Like

I just took four images for each version, zoomed in C&D, and on, and zoomed out, and C&D.

First the older version:

20211124_zoomed_in_C&D

20211124_zoomed_out_C&D
20211124_zoomed_out_C&D

20211124_zoomed_in_on

20211124_zoomed_out_on
20211124_zoomed_out_on

Now for version 20220220:

20220220_zoomed_in_C&D

20220220_zoomed_out_C&D
20220220_zoomed_out_C&D

20220220_zoomed_in_on

20220220_zoomed_out_on
20220220_zoomed_out_on

You can clearly see the displays are affected when you are zoomed out, but only in the new version of the Kodiak. Version 20211124 is unaffected.

Swapping the “SWS_Kodiak_gear\model.empty” from the old to the new does fix the issue.

Finally, it seems like swapping these two files, taking from version 20211224, and copying over 20220220, fixes the issue:

".\SimObjects\Airplanes\SWS_Kodiak_gear\model.empty\Kodiak_interior_LOD2.bin"

".\SimObjects\Airplanes\SWS_Kodiak_gear\model.empty\Kodiak_interior_LOD2.gltf"

I don’t know what other issues this might cause, but if you want to enjoy the changes in the new version, but don’t like the purple screens, this is a way around it.

You would most likely need to do this for the other models as well:

model.mixed
model.skydive
model.summit
model.tundra

5 Likes

As I’m trying to learn how to fly the Kodiak, I wonder about the function of the BANK button in AP panel? Is it some sort of 1/2 bank function or does it do something else (and when should we be using it anyway?)

I was doing some tests yesterday and even with the BANK button enabled, the aircraft would still roll in angles in excess of 20 degrees. The POH doesn’t help much I think, as it only has references of maximum bank angles for stall tolerance.

Yes, it is indeed reducing the bank angle during turns performed by the autopilot. I guess it’s supposed to make turns for passengers more comfortable.

This is the bank angle with the Bank mode turned off:

and this with Bank mode turned on, much less steep of an angle:

5 Likes

Thanks. Similar to how it works in the CJ4 and several other aircraft.

Then I may be doing something wrong, because it doesn’t work the same way for me. Using the latest versions of Kodiak and WT G1000 it doesn’t show that green arc at the top (above the roll pointer), nor are turns limited at a bank angle of 15-20 degrees. It seems like the button doesn’t do much except turning on its light indicator, even if it IS changing the value of “SIMCONNECT:AUTOPILOT MAX BANK” from 0.5 to 0.25 and back.

May be a Kodiak bug?

As it turned out I had a screenshot from yesterday that shows both issues I mentioned. When you hit the LVL button it goes On then immediately Off. The PFD displays LVL briefley then also immediately switches to ROL. The Kodiak also starts a bank to the left when LVL is used rather than actually levelling out.

On the MFD the background stays black no matter which option you try to select with the map settings.

1 Like