SimWorks Studios Kodiak 100 one the best aircraft for MSFS 2020

VR performance for me was also the same as any other plane. I’m running an i5 9600k and RTX2080Ti. The key to my decent VR performance to start with was increasing my RAM to 32GB though the sim never seems to use more than 8GB of it - go figure!

Hi does anyone know if this aircraft works well flying with only VR controllers please? I’m looking for an alternative to the default caravan as the 3 way switches don’t work well and the virtual yoke is oversensitive.

Interesting… I have the same CPU (stock clock) and a 3080, and 32 gigs of Ram, and get a significant FPS boost. Maybe other settings make a difference too.

I meant that the performance was no worse without making changes - I didn’t try the various methods mentioned for increasing framerates because my FPS was no different than in the other prop planes (I take a hit in the fast jets).

Not sure if you understood me correctly :wink:

Pulling the circuit breaker for the small aux display got me about 20fps increase. Genuinely didn’t expect as much but totally worth it. Ryzen 5800X, 32GB and RTX3080 going from ~45 to 65fps.

It’s interesting that this seems to help more for those with better GPUs. I just have a 1660 Super (Ryzen 5600X, 32GB) and it only gives me +1 FPS… :thinking:

Yep. On a 1060 6GB, running high 1080p and it doesn’t bite me. That’s interesting.

I’m on a 3700x with a 3080 and I get 10+ increase from turning it off.

quick q: how do you add the undercarriage cargo container in sim?

select the proper livery

how do you know which liveries have the cargo pod? i looked in the manual but it’s only mentioned once

ah found it. it’s not a livery, it’s a completely separate aircraft. strange way to do it…

yooo i went from 31fps to 39fps. pretty good increase!

running rtx 3090 w/ i9-10900k

that’s on the ground at a custom airport (EGPF Dublin). In the air I’m getting 52 in the cockpit view. does that still seem low?

Easiest way to add the load stations and the touch of extra drag without disrupting the clean aircraft.

Yeah, they have 4 separate planes depending on the exterior visual model - with or without the cargo pod, and with or without tundra tires. And then different liveries for various seating arrangements. I suspect this could also be done using an EFB tablet like the MilViz Porter, but I got the impression they don’t have someone that knows how to do that at SWS? Maybe I misunderstood Alex’s comments about why they don’t have a tablet like the JustFlight, MilViz, and other planes have.

I’d personally rather not have a tablet. Just decide what aircraft you want to fly from the World map and enjoy. Now an aircraft selector in the handlebar menu is another story, that I would like to see. I mean it could be done quite easily as it’s already there in dev mode in a basic form.

1 Like

An EFB can add so much functionality though. So many settings and details that can be tweaked, not to mention the possibility of state saving. EFBs can really add a lot. Having one place to open up all the doors for example, is much easier in my opinion from an EFB than having to hunt around for the click spots or having to use the drone camera.

If it can be done on a real EFB then it’s valid yes but you can’t change your livery or cargo pod or even open and close doors with an EFB IRL so why in the sim. Because you can is not a compelling enough reason for me but I understand folks have got used to having those extra controls for some aircraft in the sim. You don’t need an EFB for state saving so that’s not a reason to have one.

2 Likes

We don’t have an EFB because we don’t know how to make one yet.

However, when it comes to having different models & interiors instead of using an EFB for that, the reason is multiplayer. If, say, the cargopod was an EFB option, it wouldn’t be visible to other users in Multiplayer. That is pretty significant.

3 Likes