SimWorks Studios Kodiak 100 one the best aircraft for MSFS 2020

On the 12th!

9 Likes

Amphibian and the update for the wheeled version on the 12th. That will be long 5 days :slight_smile: The release notes of the update were posted on their discord channel. It looks like the emergency power lever is now functioning. I like that.

1 Like

I take it the weather radar is not functional on the Kodiak?

1 Like

Hi is there a changelog for todays update please?

If I bought the Kodiak from Just Flight will I have to wait a few days and how will the discount on the amphib work?

There was one posted on their discord channel a few days ago.

1 Like

Found it thanks

Changelogs can always be seen on our Support page. There is version history for every product.

2 Likes

Really enjoying the new improvements - thank you. However one thing I do notice which might be a new glitch is that the instrument panel LEDs no longer actually illuminate the panel. You can see the LEDs turn on as you turn the knob but they donā€™t actually provide any illumination on the instrument panel like they used to.

Does anyone else having problems with keeping NG in the green zone?

1 Like

Hi!

Any discount on the Flotiak for the owners of the wheeled version?

Thanks

Yes I have.

Iā€™m not sure if it depends on where you bought it.

Oh, sorry. I got direct from SWS site.

Thanks for the update. Since you have so many L-Vars for your switches (which is great!) could you one of these days please also expose the inertia separator switch like that? That would be awesome. I know I can set the Engine Anti Ice on with K:ANTI_ICE_TOGGLE_ENG1, but that does not move the switch nor follows your slow build up logic of ANTI_ICE_GRADUAL_SET_ENG1. As this is something that is used nearly every flight in a turbo prop, it would be awesome to be able to switch it properly from the simpit.

Has anyone else found a proper way to switch the switch?

Why is the throttle inverted with the new update?

It should work the same as in any other aircraft without having to switch profiles or reverse the throttle axis just for the Kodiak and having to switch it back if you want to fly anything else. Forward should be forward and backward should be backward.

Also, the throttle canā€™t be pulled into full reverse thrust with the throttle axis reversed. Unfortunately this problem alone makes the update obsolete for me until fixed. Iā€™m reverting to the previous version and Iā€™m also holding off on the Float version for now, because I have to assume that one will have the same problem.

EDIT: I have my version from Simmarket and the file says 20221010, in case thatā€™s relevant. And I donā€™t use any 3rd party controller tools. I only use MSFS control settings.

2 Likes

I figured that at the moment i am having problems using axis and ohs for the throttle. I reproted it on the sws discord. I think they will figure that out in a few days. Using ingame axisis works fine for me.

1 Like

Like I wrote above:

I never used FSUIPC/SPAD or similar tools. I solely use the ingame controller settings/options that come with MSFS. If it doesnā€™t work properly with that, something is fundamentally is broken. And I certainly will not start to use any of these tools to fix what worked fine before.

2 Likes

Iā€™d certainly dispute one of these, but I would preface that with the fact I have not tried this new version yet.

The aircraft pulls to the left when trying to climb up a steep slope.

This is a limitation of the ground handling model in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Even if the nose wheel is turned, the sim does not consider static friction or its effectiveness correctly until a minimum forward speed has been reached. We considered reducing the P-Factor but, because the Kodiak has a strong pull, that would render the flight model unrealistic in 99% of the runways. Inclines can be climbed with right pedal input but the angle will be limited by weight. A lightly loaded aircraft can taxi up Lukla easily, but donā€™t expect to do it at maximum weight without a running start.

The last time I tested this the plane would spin to the left if you hit a slope at speed but with power at idle i.e. it wasnā€™t the propeller doing that.

I would also add that other planes donā€™t tend to behave like that either, and the plane still ā€œhadā€ a tendency to fall on its backside, and spin about on the spot in some cases.

I also hope they have address some W&B concerns, where its impossible to fully load the aircraft without cheating, and putting all the big people right up behind the pilot seats.