Snow partially at low altitudes at 19°C in LOWI

It’s normal, you can find the same problem around the world easily.
Unlikely snow coverage in FS is completely broken :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks GIEI : Just travel a few miles to the North East at LOWG the terrain is clear of snow completely.
First time I’ve encountered this. Not a big problem but having paid extra for the LOWI Airport I would like it back to normal.
regards

Good thing it’s May

I can unfortunately confirm, still snow with live weather and well over 20 celsius in Innsbruck.
I actually always fly under live weather conditions.

Existing thread

1 Like

We have combined this thread with an existing one for the same topic.
This will allow the votes to be combined.

3 Likes

thanks can you also put this issue on the next Q&A session? thanks

@AnkH828072 your meteoblue snow coverage map looks like what we have in the sim, but the meteoblu snow coverage site looks different on different zoom levels and also if i open it on my pc screen. strange

@ALL please upvote this thread.

Well, this inconsistency might add to the bug then. Fact is, the data would be available in a bery high resolution, but the sim simply does not use it. Bummer

I haven’t read the whole post, but why is it not on everyone’s machine?
I, myself haven’t seen this in my sim.

Scott

Can you please go to LOWI with Live weather and post a screenshot?

Edit, here’s what I see:

1 Like

Mea culpa!
A friend of mine has a snow problem in LOWI, which let me thinking, here’s the same problem!

BUT, sorry for that,I didn’t realized that all of you are speaking of live weather.
As I, rarely use live weather, I wasn’t aware that I have the same problem.
Again, sorry !

3 Likes

No worries

@AnkH828072 hi. found your entry regarding this issue in the questions section for the next dev Q&A. for sure i gave it an upvote! just wanted to post the issue for myself, but then i found your entry.

Great idea, could you link the post so I can add my vote as well? This issue has been bothering me for a long time.

I have the same problem.

It’s not just LOWI that doesn’t want to become season appropriate. Northern Norway is also still under a white blanket.
Like it has been stated before: The snow coverage data from METEOBLUE they use is not used at its highest possible resolution but at the lowest.
And this is the result.

Same here. We had 28° Celsius / 82.4 Fahrenheit here in Innsbruck a couple of days ago and in MSFS the the western part of the airport was still thickly covered with snow when using Live Weather.
The same today 21° C / 71.6 F in real live but still all a thick snow cover at the airport and the bottom af the valleywithin MSFS with Live Weather.
Please guys and girls of Asobo/MS change this. Our lakes and public pools are crowdwd by swimmers and sun bathers in real live but we still have got snow in MSFS. This is a bit ridiculous. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i cant link it, because its forbidden to advertise dev Q&A questions - this could caused to be banned. you may have to look around for yourself in the forums here. sorry.

Does your post mean, there’s a solution for the problem?

no.
there will take place another (monthly) dev Q&A. people can post questions to them in advance in this forum (not in this thread). User AnkH did so in regards to this issue. hope the questions gets a lot of votes, so it will be part of the dev Q&A and Asobo can at least give us insight on whats going on and hopefully they get attention to it (and fingers crossed they will also work on a bugfix/improvement).