So I tried the Nvidia Studio Driver

I was just meaning in the driver its called a program. I wasn’t trying to debate about game vs simulator. The discussion was about the display driver and i was pointing out that the studio driver refers to MSFS as a program not a game (or simulator) :blush:

4 Likes

New Nvidia Studio Drivers (not Game-Ready) have dropped! 517.40 - Community Support / Hardware and Peripherals - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Don’t forget to restart the sim if you change dx11 to dx12 or Visa Versa :+1:It only works after a restart.

2 Likes

You are absolutely right. These drivers have cured the tiny stutters I used to have when panning around the cockpit and the whole experience is incredibly smooth now.

Interestingly my GPU memory usage rarely tops 10GB when I have a 24GB 3090 but I am glad I installed this driver even if it only for a few days as I’m sure I will switch when the Game Ready drivers are available.

edit - Actually I was wrong, my GPU usage just went up to 13.70 GB when flying through central London, which by the way was the smoothest it has ever been.

1 Like

Would I be better off downloading the studio driver before actually updating to SU10? I haven’t had a chance to be on the computer this week too busy working.

10700KF RTX 3080 32gb ram

Thanks for the info.

Where can you download the studio driver from?

2 Likes

Same here on a 3090, although it seems VRAM consumption on DX12 when using the new studio driver is slightly higher. There’s another thread about results of using the studio driver, and I posted two comparisons here:

Thank you very much

If you have Geforce Experience installed, you can also select between Game Ready and Studio driver and install through Geforce Experience.

1 Like

13 Likes

I guess this settles it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Perfect, thank you.

1 Like

Thanks @KStarfightrr I’ll give it a try after work!

Well now that Nvidia confirms it I’ll take the plunge and test the driver.

2 Likes

Yes, the glass cockpit digital text items are still blurry, a bit, even with the sharpness slider set to 200.

1 Like

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

No guarentee I’ll get good results because I’m on an older 8gb rtx card but let’s see how it goes.

Update: No stuttering when panning like DX11 but significant fps loss due to running out of VRAM. That was tested with Fenix A320 departing payware DD KDCA.

1 Like

The studio driver is good with DX12 but still some stutters. Nothing like the first update of SU10 beta was.

I think it’s time for update at lest a 12GB RTX card to take benefit of DX12 enhancement in MSFS.
I’m still on a 8GB RTX 2060 super.

1 Like