(SOLVED) CTD and now get stuck at ''checking for updates'' #pc (steam)

Hi, after updating with su7 and entered the game, updated everything in content manager (world updates etc) - all finished fine then system crashed, had to reboot pc… now when i start the game i get stuck at ‘‘checking for updates’’ … i can only get into the game if i turn internet off !

i,ve tried everything i can think of

no add on’s
admin mode
check files via steam
driver updates etc
i dont want to do a complete reinstall as i dont believe it’s that going by what i,ve read

Anyone else had this issue and fixed somehow ? so frustrated at this point !

Thanks

Have you seen this.

Hey, no 1st i,ve seen of this. went through all the procedures but unfortunately problem still present…

hey buddy

had the same issue, tried the whole day and finally found a fix.
in your explorer go to official>onestore. Then, sort by date and delete the newest folder. relaunch the title and it will reinstall a couple of Mb (missing update information) worked for me!

Thanks for helping… i cant find the file you suggest?? or i,m not following. do you have a path or can describe further

appreciate your time

Neal

Hi… does the problem still exist ?..

you can not find these folder, because you own steam version.

I assume these is the most important info :

we have some topics about in forum. Starting from simple solution like xbox-relogin till corrupt cloud data ( you can remove your local steam data for a test ).

Hi, yes problem still exists - have tried everything for the past week searching so many posts etc, even down to things like the teredo adapters and renaming servers in cmd etc. i,m really at a loss to what to do now. i will look into your comment though ‘‘relogin till corrupt cloud’’ and see if that helps

In case of re-login don’t forget a windows restart in middle of that.

Two example post how to clean Steam cloud data:
: Steam - CTD on Startup (after splash screen) - #11 by eaglechlapf6920
: CTD at game launch after WU5 - PC Version Deluxe Steam - #21 by MichaMMA

neither has worked for me - no matter what i do i just get stuck at waiting for updates… seems it cant access the servers …

ok so i uninstalled from steam and then manually deleted all traces of MSFS from computer, complete new install and now works ok. i suspect a corrupt file somewhere… i also suspect it may have been due to a new driver install - i had upgraded my ssd to 1tb from 250gb. i spotted after i had changed it over and reinstalled msfs back to new drive i found device manager still read the drive being 250gb - not sure if that was confusing the system and it thought i had run out of space… what pointed me in that direction is nvidia would not update my driver due to disk space (even though i had lots) - anyway i can only assume this but i thankyou for your time . regards , neal

1 Like