Some buildings are boxes after SU5 and 2 Hotfixes (and tiles that miss ai buildings altogether)- Issue still present WU6

I can confirm that this is definitely on MS/ Asobo radar and is being looked at. I don’t believe the long term solution is going to be the necessity to remove world updates and/or the procedural buildings part. I suspect that this is just a temporary work around for those who find the blocky ai buildings bothersome in the mean time.

no acknowledge of this bug from ASOBO side?

Seriously?

the topic is not tagged as “bug-logged”, so I suppose it is ignored.

@Tigershark85000 Far from it.

From what I understand there may be a fix in SU6

https://discord.com/channels/646017020412035082/738528640228130899/893563331451949056
This was posted on the official MSFS Discord Server yesterday

1 Like

Great, thanks.
i don’t use discord.

Regards.

Finally a VERY good news!

It took me three re-downloads to realise it was in fact the sim, so its a shame Asobo didnt highlight this issue as being present, but thankfully i found this thread and now i can get back flying (without the procedural updates) happily.

1 Like

Hopefully the missing building issue is addressed as well, because the same workaround as for the blocky building applies: removing the procedural building package.

1 Like

I wouldn’t either - might cause a complete auto-reinstall at next update (so I don’t mess with core sim in any way these days). But in any case I didn’t know removing a prior update was possible.

1 Like

Well at least its not just me and my rig. But ever since that big update (complete rewrite?) to allow X-Box users in we seem to have lost the sim’s ability to show 3d everywhere - as well as its ability to process things like elevator trim and other issues. I hope they can get it all back - or at least split the sim into pre-update 5 and X-box versions. we will see.

1 Like

Is it listed in the SU6 public release notes or roadmap?

On a brighter note…I found Edinburgh Castle’s missing flag. :wink:

1 Like

I am laughing at the flag :smiley:

I saw this under “World” in the advance pre-release notes for SU6 (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-6-flight-live-come-here-for-updates/459829/2)

1 Like

Hello,
I’m little bit worried about this on the note “in the UK…”
the problem is not only in UK. I can found it in France as well, also strange half constructed buildings like transparent in Asia.
it means all the procedural buildings over the world are screwed up, not only UK.

5 Likes

I agree. I would have felt a bit more comfortable if they had made the same statement omitting “in the UK”
Hopefully, its a bug in how procedural buildings are generated in general and the fix works wherever the problem occurs. We can but hope.

1 Like

i wonder if the ‘in the UK’ is missing ‘update’ on the end as this is where the issue originated from, so hopefully this is an update to the UK world update that will clear the issue worldwide.

1 Like

Wonder if this is fixed. If only I could download the update and test it …

They did fix it in Oslo. Procedural buildings show up and proper buildings instead of boxes are back. Haven’t checked other areas yet.

2 Likes

I have just checked out Edinburgh since SU6 and, for me, it is now appearing as it should, with no more buildings as low resolution blocks, correct procedural buildings and no noticeable patches of missing ai generated buildings.
(I waited for the servers to fully come back online before checking.)

4 Likes

What about the castle, is it still floating with its flag being buried?