Some requests from Chinese players

As a Chinese user of Microsoft Flight Simulator, I am very happy to play MSFS on my Xbox. But I have some problems. I hope someone can help me! In addition, my English is not very good!

1. A large number of plug-ins do not support the Xbox version. I know this problem depends on the choice of developers, but I still hope that more and more plug-ins support the Xbox version of MSFS.

2. I find that I can’t import third-party plug-ins at present, including navigation data, aircraft painting, aircraft model, etc. I hope MSFS officials will support this option as soon as possible.

3. I hope MSFS will officially enter some Chinese websites, such as bilibili.com. This is helpful for communication and feedback between players and officials.

4. Thank you very much for supporting Chinese. I hope the Chinese update can come as soon as possible.

5. Many data are too old. Many data, including the parking space of the airport, are inconsistent with the reality. I can’t play games with my chart, which is really disappointing.

I have a lot of questions, but thank you very much for your answers!

11 Likes

For Chinese airports data, yes I do find them to be outdated. But I think it depends on the public availability of those information. It’s difficult if Asobo doesn’t have access to the latest version of the airport data. But third-party developers like Navigraph and Airport addon designers have been really good in improving the airports. But as I said above, it may take some time for them to be available to Xbox.

MSFS Xbox is pretty new right now, so it may take some time for third party developers to be able to create addons for the Xbox version. Us PC users have to be patient for a while until we have decent collection of addons. You just have to be patient for now.

Welcome to MSFS2020 and the forum!

There are many exquisite plug-ins made by players on some forums and websites, but I downloaded them but couldn’t import them into the Xbox version of MSFS, but PCs can. I hope to be able to open the Xbox version of MSFS plug-in import as soon as possible

Many addons rely on Simconnect interface eg LIttleNavMap or Vatsim clients. Simconnect requires TCP network access to the machine from outside in simple words. As Xbox is a closed system this access is blocked for eg security reasons by Microsoft ( not by Asobo). Therefore these plugins might never work for the foreseeable future as eg Vatsim stated last week. Nothing the developers can do anything about it. Sorry for the not so favorable news.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.
I hope Asobo and Microsoft will do something later.
I still believe MSFS2020 for Xbox is not similar to Microsoft Flight 2012!

I have some ideas about the import and support of third-party plug-ins:
If Xbox cannot be imported in the normal way, can asobo develop the following ways to import?

1. Add import function in Xbox application after negotiation with Xbox department.
  2. Import the plug-in by reading USB flash disk and mobile hard disk (read in the game).
  3. Sync the plug-in to your account through computer software and download it on Xbox.
  4. Not recommended but very easy to do: open the market so that developers of any language in any country, any region can release their own plug-ins.
  5. Send the plug-in to Xbox through the LAN through the new computer software.
    I hope asobo can adopt my method, because I will think that after miscosoft flight 2012, I am really worried that the Xbox version of MSFS will become entertainment oriented and lose professionalism, and make Xbox players disappointed in the console, games and even the whole Microsoft, which we don’t want to see. Third party support is extremely important for the simulation flight circle. It will raise the Xbox version of MSFS to a new height, rather than turning it into a VFR flight tool.
    Thank you, hope to adopt!

Unfortunately you will always be restricted on console gaming. Hence why the preferred choice is PC.

Xbox will always have limitations.

I think one problem is that you can’t just port a PC mod, add-on or whatever to console. There is always the question of performance problems. Can the console handle all the mods and plugins that are in the wild?

I have seen people creating huge braindead 16K liveries (what’s the point of 16K).

Welcome to MSFS2020 and the forum, it is very difficult for Asobo to source accurate data for China, hopefully some third party might have access to more accurate data or even the Chinese flight simmers themselves could help.

Hi @Xinsheng1687, as others have mentioned, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

The forum has a “wishlist” category for community voting of features you would like to see added, changed or removed from MSFS. It is located here: #self-service:wishlist

Before posting, search to see if there’s an existing topic as we only want one topic per wished item. Creating a duplicate would split votes.

Officially, feedback and feature requests can be submitted to Zendesk.

There are 2 topics in the wishlist for adding of Chinese localization and World Update China, that you may wish to contribute to:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/chinese-localization/126150
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/world-update-china/410786

1 Like

I don’t think they will allow that, but developers can luckily submit things to the Marketplace which will be then available for Xbox use. I think your points are right though, but it could be simply due to the way the Xbox file system works.

If we can get more Chinese (and Asian in general) interested parties to create content it would be amazing. So many great places in Asia to explore.

Most of what you ask for will unfortunately never happen on Xbox.

1. There are some 3rd party plugins in the store that have too large of a memory requirement. To make it work on Xbox would require the developer to have to seriously downgrade their add-on in order to make it Xbox compatible. Some are willing to do this, some aren’t. This isn’t a Microsoft thing. This is completely at the discretion of the individual developers.

2. And you never will be. There’s no way to directly interact with the file system on Xbox. This is a security thing built right into the Xbox hardware in order to prevent end users from hacking it to install pirated software. This security is built right into the chips on the console and cannot be bypassed by game developers. Even by Microsoft themselves.

3. Maybe. I don’t work for Microsoft. I don’t know what that site is, so I can’t comment.

4. No comment here. You’re happy, and that’s what matters.

5. Microsoft are limited to information that’s made available in order to populate their game data. I’m sure China will get some attention in the future. But just know you’re not alone. There are plenty of areas around the world where the stock default MSFS data is old and lacking. On PC, a subscription to Navigraph fixes some of that by replacing the stock navigation and airport data with correct, up to date data with far better coverage. Unfortunately, that’s not really a possibility for Xbox. You just have to wait for Microsoft to get to overhauling their Chinese data.

In any case, welcome to the forum and happy flying.

2 Likes

Hello,

I am not chinese but I live in shanghai. Do you also have connection problems sometimes? Even with a 500mbit china telecom connection I have daily connection issues.

I haven’t, but I can give you some advice.
Because the server of MSFS is far away from China, most Chinese players have to rely on accelerators to speed up their network in time. PC players can use acceleration software, such as UU accelerator and Tencent accelerator. Xbox players can buy acceleration boxes, such as UU acceleration box and dolphin acceleration box.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. For me it helps to connect the xbox to my pc and use the computers astrill vpn with american server. Its just annoying to setup every time :smiley:. I will have a look at these acceleration boxes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.