Sorry, but SU5 Hotfix is a catastrophic desaster

Ok. I understand, that to make the sim work on XBOX, a lot of things had to be changed and optimized an programmed newly, to make that work. I even understand, that this introduces new bugs. But to bring out an ok SU5, and then bring an Hotfix that renders the Sim almost unusable, is something I don`t understand.

From day one on PC release one thing worked fine on the sim: the integrated flight planner. And let`s be honest, I mostly fly VFR routes with Cessna or DA and therefore do really not need such overkill as Simbrief or even more complex flight planners. Therefore the integrated flight planner was fine. Ok, it was always annoying, that if you change anything on the start or destination point, everything is set back to standard, so you start at the runway and will fly a direct approach. And the fuel will be reset to 50 percent. But one could do these things in a certain order, and then it worked fine.

SU5 Hotfix comes in. First thing missing is the white rectangle, that would show you the estimated time of the flight. The guesses were ok… with some experience I could get a good clue of the real flying time. Second problem… it is not possible to add Nav points beetween start and destination point. Instead the flightplanner tries to set a custom point in the region of the mouse arrow. And best thing is… then you can not even select the add button. It simply does not react.

So ASOBO managed it, to make the game pretty much unaccessible, before you even are in the cockpit.

Next point is… let`s say in the Cessna 172 I want to set the mixture slider. Up to SU5 I got shown a percentage of the actual slider position. Now I just get the name. This is unhandy.

In VR now everything is way too bright. You can`t recognize anything on the ground, that is further away, because the entire world seems to be two times as bright as before. It is blinding.

And as a big surplus, the Hotfix appears not only to introduce new bugs, but to eradicate a large chunk of the performance gains.

ASOBO, that way this is nearly unusable. I really hope, you will not wait up to end of August with WU6 to repair that mess. Please… if and when you solved a problem, bring a new hotfix, step by step. That way you will get a lot of response, if it is working now. You should do it that way, because the sim right now is by far in its worst state it has ever been.

And I understand, that you had set the releasedate for XBOX and the marketing made this public. So you had to release it (had you?) on that date, even when you noticed, that the time until then would not be enough, as you guessed at first, when you decided for the release day. But if it is so… now you have to change your way of operations. Many small fixes. Anything helps. Read your forum thoroughly. You have the needed information there. So many new bugs. Old ones as frustrum culling and missing controller support in VR still waiting to be solved. So… patch step by step and wait for the feedback…

…because I tell you the bitter truth now, ASOBO: any more bugs will kill the sim completely. Right now it is like riding a wild horse. More we can´t handle.

5 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Hi @OrsettiX!

I’ve merged your post into an existing topic about the hotfix, so that we can keep all responses to this together. Feel free to continue the discussion over on that thread.

Before creating a new topic it’s always best to use the search system by clicking on the magnifying glass on the top navbar to check if others have already created a similar topic. You can also make use of the advanced search system by clicking the options link in the search box.

Thanks!