Speed of game

As with FSX, is there a way to increase te speed of the game, for exemple on a flight Paris- New York, in view not to stay at a normal speed above the ocean ?

Yes, you can change the ā€˜sim rateā€™.

Look it up in your controls, I have remapped mine so it wouldnt help you. there is no indication of what speed you have increased to so to slow back down, go into cockpit and check the clock is ticking over at 1 second internals

Or tap the key youā€™ve assigned to sim rate down a dozen or three times, youā€™ll then be at 1/4 speed. Tap sim rate up twice to return to 1:1.

1 Like

Hi @Jeanroidumanche,
To further add what @StewyMacaroon80 and @SwoopGB wrote, there are 2 wishlist items you may want to up vote; as these features are not present when using sim rate:

1. Indication on screen of current sim rate:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/on-screen-indication-of-sim-rate/149632
  2. A reset button to bring the sim rate back to normal speed:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simulation-rate-reset-button/357538
2 Likes

I thank you much for these informations.

This is clear, I thank you for your assistance

Ok, Thank you.

1 Like

Check out ā€œFS SimRate Banditā€ā€¦ itā€™s a little program that can automatically speed up your flight, show you the rate, and reduce it back to normal speed at your last waypoint.

The FS20 increased speed comes with strange physics meaning when the time is accelerated the momentum and wind turbulence are also augmented. At about 8x speed the plane jumps up and down hundreds of feet resulting aircraft crash. I can only increase 2-3 times. By the way theres no indication of the increased rate, I have to look at the utc clock to judge how much accelerated.

Yes, a sim rate counter would be very helpful.

I am usually limited to 4X due to plane oscillations but I can use 8X for short periods of time. I usually fly shorter routes so acceleration is rather limited for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.