Starting at LFBI gives me CTD

Before I report this to Zendesk, I’d like for some input from others that might want to test this for me.

Yesterday I tried to fly into LFBI (Poitiers) in France and about 6 miles out on final approach I got a CTD.

Today I was trying to start a flight from there, but everytime I tried, the sim wouldn’t finish loading before quitting with a CTD.

I tested this by deactivating all my add-on sceneries, and reverting from Navigraph data back to default.
All to no avail. The sim keeps crashing on me.

So even with default scenery and nothing installed but all the world updates, I can’t start at LFBI.

Does anyone see the same behaviour?

Edit: To amend the setup: I found out that it only seems to happen to me if I try to start with an aircraft that has a glasscockpit. So if you try this for yourself, please test it with the DA40NG and then one of the default Cessnas and see if trying to start there with the Diamond gives you a CTD or not.

1 Like

No problem here, but is this a custom airport by any chance? I deleted a lot of custom airports using the content manager. Also I am using SU9 beta.

Edit - I did a search in the content manager for LFBI and didn’t find anything, so I guess it’s just a standard airport.

Like I said, no. I deactivated ALL non default scenery add-ons to test this.

I meant custom airport made by Microsoft or Asobo. Nevermind, you clearly don’t appreciate my help.

Touchy, aren’t we?

A simple misunderstanding between what “custom airport” and “add-on airport” means.

You also don’t have to search the content manager if you want to find out which airports are custom made.
The world map indicates them with a yellow star.

Well, it seems if you don’t have a problem then this is something I can’t report to Zendesk as a repeatable bug.
Odd…

Easy folks - everyone just calm down - Monday jitters clearly.

One suggestion here is to back up your Content.xml to someplace for safekeeping, then delete it and let the sim rebuild it on next start-up. There might be “ghost” entries in there even though your Community folder is clean.

There is nothing preventing you from filing a ticket through Zendesk. You could do so at anytime. It’s just that the Dev Team needs to triage, then be able to reproduce it.

I know. I just like to check for possible offenders first before reporting that something is wrong. After all the Dev’s can only be expected to troubleshoot for a default setup

That’s greatly appreciated that you’re trying to do triage first.

I’ll try to do this tonight. When you started at the airport, was it spawned on a runway with the engine going, or cold & dark at the ramp? I just want to emulate your conditions as close as I can.

I tried to start at a ramp.
And the CTD occurs during the final phase of the initial loading process, as well as it did occur while on approach from the south. I can even tell you the exact geographic location at which the crash occured as I was tracking the flight with LittleNavmap and I can see where the flightpath ends:

46° 30’ 31,86" N 0° 14’ 21,92" E

can you also please add the log entry from window event viewer ?

Sure:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.24.5.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: VCRUNTIME140.dll, Version: 14.30.30704.0, Zeitstempel: 0x615a9215
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000000161e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x4868
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d84daedaf57805
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.24.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.30704.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Berichtskennung: fba7734b-777b-4c9f-89d4-a0acdc7e6186
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.24.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App

I checked the previous logs, as I tried this at least half a dozen times. The offending dll is always the same.

hmmmm… often system related, gpu driver etc…

But I will shortly also try a test from R21 to south.

I did a little search for that particular dll and CTD’s within MSFS related to it.
There is a big Thread about this. VCRUNTIME140.dll Error
One post hinted that it was linked to aircraft with glass cockpits.
VCRUNTIME140.dll Error - #500 by Gromet7530
So I tried starting there with a Cessna 152 (I was using the DA40NG) before.
And lo and behold that worked.

I know these thread :rofl:

In the first ages it was more the Text2Speach stuff, etc… but later it was just so often users-system related…

( ah yes… Glasscockpit too… long ago )

— EDIT
first quick test, no issues with the twin otter… I will fly some rounds…

hard to read and fly… I switched to these airplane…

And also no issues…

Have you HAGS enabled ?

HAGS? What is HAGS?

Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling. The GPU’s scheduling processor and memory (VRAM) takes over the same work and runs it in batches to render the frames. In that way, your GPU relieves the processor from some work and reduces latency to potentially make your PC run better.

1 Like

Ah.
Yes, that is switched to on in Windows 10

@FarlisKaneebe

Well, you made me work for my money tonight. :slight_smile:

First off - I set a user point to fly to matching your suspect coordinates.

Screenshot 2022-04-11 214622

Then I flew a complete pattern to and from the field. Yeah, it was a little shabby, especially on the southern cross-over, but serviceable I think I passed right through the trouble spot - no issues.

Screenshot 2022-04-11 220056

And I don’t want to rain on your parade about the glass cockpits, but…I was flying a stock VL-3 (no Rotax mod). That’s a G3X, so… :neutral_face:

I also started Cold & Dark on the ramp.

This shot is taken as I’m passing through the Userpoint.

On a side note, this is a really beautiful area, especially the town. Not helpful I know.

More testing needed, I think.

I agree this is a beautiful spot and I have just flown around the area with no problems.