Still Stutters and poor FPS after the 1.14.6.0 Update!

Hi Hester40MT,

Thank you for the information, I have already sent my finding to Zendesk, where it was classified as a bug.

Looking at these posts it seems that no matter what we select/deselect, our sim will ‘phone home’ reguarly as one person put it. So I reckon the biggest contributor to the problem is likely to be the server(s) that respond.

1 Like

Just had this idea on FPS issues, don’t know if this may help

I’m part of the lucky ones who had most FPS issues solved with lastest patch
Using a gaming laptop with 2 GPUs, an integrated and a Nvidia. Both GPUs are active

W10 configuration is pretty vanilla, with pagefile or game settings all set to default.
Nvidia configuration also vanilla, just texture oprimisation set to performances

By default, the Integrated GPU handles almost every graphics: Windows desktop, browsers, Office, basic apps, steam browser, etc

Nvidia processor does 
 nothing for basic usage
It is set only as GPU for games, like for instance, MSFS
The standard Nvidia / W10 configuration chooses by default Integrated GPU for all “low usage” apps, and Nvidia GPU for “high usage” ones

Now, I don’t know on high end desktops, if everyone keeps a 2 GPUs usage, or switch the integrated GPU off (when there’s an Integrated one)

But in case all computer graphics usage relies on a single GPU (Nvidia), I’m wondering whether managing all W10 tasks, apps, browser, etc
 additionally to MSFS Graphics, could not create some kind of bottleneck

And if it could be a better choice to keep CPU-GPU graphic traffics separated: desktop and low usage ones, and gaming ones, processed by different GPUs?

Maybe that could be worth a try, if you’re impacted by low FPS and stutters:

• Activate both GPUs (if possible)
  • Set NVIDIA’s usage to only MSFS
  • All the rest to the Integrated GPU

and check whether there’s an impact on performances?

Hi simmer,

after long testing a lot of options to reduce the stutters, a friend of mine and me found a good solution, which reduces the stutters a lot:

First of all turn on Vsync 30 FPS !!! Most important because with locked 60 fps the sim is stuttering like hell. ignore the setting on the picture below.

Follwing all my settings with my rtx 3090, m2 ssd, ryzen 7 3800xt with asus rog strix 570-e.

Nvidia 1 Nvidia 2 Nvidia 3

1 Like

Sorry, don’t know the language.

so what’s the solution?

I would actually Turn off VSync in the sim graphics setting. But set the VSync to FAST in the GeForce control panel.

I have 32GB memory and fs2020 load there is still plenty of room memory, about 30% free, but still have problem stuttering and FPS drop.

@MichaMMA is our expert. Listen to his knowledge.

I can only tell you a simple answer.

FS2020 will eat memory like crazy. Loves it.

Either increase it with Virtual Memory (Pagefile which is disk storage used like
real SDRAM (memory)) or add additional SDRAM.

I have 64 GB of SDRAM. @MichaMMA says I don’t even need a Pagefile.
But, I let Win 10 automatically manage it anyway.

Exactly, seems location specific. San Jose international in cal is one of them.

Especially if LOD is set at max. Flying for about two or three hours and Windows has committed over 50 GB of memory for MSFS on my 32 GB system. Upgrade time!

Need 64GB RAM? wow

Nah, Chrome beats MSFS on memory usage any day. :rofl:

1 Like

can you check in resourcemanager the commited memory for MSFS ?
( you see overall also in taskmanger )

But of course, I wrote “can stutter come from” 
 there are million other reasons, e.g. we should not forget that this is a online-game. I own 64Gig RAM and it is also not ‘perfect’, but ‘ooookay’ for me.

no :rofl:

System managed is allways good
 only in some cases this does’nt works fine.

full agree
 exactly what I can see ( near 4k, mostly ultra ). But it is not at all such high usage, the common usage is about 20GiG working set / 30Gig commited. But I assume some mods needs additional memory.

yep
 beside of the joke behind is this an important point. I seen many screenshot where users (with lower amount of RAM) play MSFS and have lots of applications open.

How users can clean-up here memory before start msfs, e.g. for testing, I described here.

1 Like

sorry, it is german 

greets

I saw that. I will give it a dry. Right now, I am happy with the performance
 I have got 32 GB of SDRAM 

greets

Can anyone replicate this one?
I flew to Vietnam,alongside the coastline and tried to make a low lever flight a little deeper in the forest.
I made 2 flights with the MB-339 and the F-15D
It was a complete S@@T SHOW ! I was getting like 15 fps or so.
Pushed Esc and clicked MAIN MENU return,only to come across another slideshow before returning to the main menu so i could exit to windows.
THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND !@!#@@
Specs
Ryzen 2700
GPU Radeon 6800xt Sapphire Nitro Plus Special Edition
32 Gigs of ddr4 RAM
1 Terabyte M2 Kingston
4K monitor 60hz
850 psu Corsair

EDIT I have all tooltips on the screen set to off and also windows game mode and xbox game bar OFF as well

EDIT 2 I turned off all mods(old usa bases) i had for Vietnam and went to fly again.No problems,well besides the minor stutter but nothing like before.
I closed the sim and went in again with all mods ON for Vietnam and all was well again.

So
completely random situation
 WTH?

Hi guys. my advice running an RTX 3070 on an i7 9700k. latest Nvida driver, HAGS off and follow this dudes advice 5 Steps to Improve VR Performance | Microsoft Flight Simulator | Windows Mixed Reality - YouTube. I’m running a Rift S, so ignore the mixed reality stuff. I am running stutter free. Obvs. play about with your settings, I am mostly on medium, except for clouds on high. If you have a better 30 series you can obviously ramp them up. I am running stutter free. my best experience so far. we are getting there!!!

It’s not a setting or user-side issue that this thread refers to, the problem is the the CPU hangs for no reason on coherentGTDraw or Manipulators and drops the FPS from 60 to 10 randomly, something is clearly wrong, some people are affected, some are not, glad to hear you are having a good experience but a lot of user are not

I’m pretty sure this is not normal on High settings on a 3090 9700K @4.9Ghz

2 Likes

You are right LaKbessita, certainly a bigger issue in that case. Do you think dx12 will make any difference?

I hope so, this is this is a new problem from SU3, it was ok before, GPU use drops down and cpu limits even tho it’s not 100% on any cores. this is from the flight i’m doing at this very moment, was at 55FPS just a few minutes ago