STOL Adventure Landing Challenges

After having completed the Landing Challenges in MSFS, I waited for a long time hoping more stuff would come up. Then, instead of waiting any further, I decided to give myself landing challenges on varied terrain with STOL aircraft and that opened up a new exciting activity for me every day.

I do reconnaissance on World Map and find landing strips in difficult terrains like hilltops, plateaus, small islands, beaches, snow, and then I try to land on the first attempt.

That’s the challenge!

I invite everyone to share their own landing challenges with locations and photos so everyone can visit those locations and try the same. I assure you it would open up new vistas for you.

Looking forward to seeing your adventures below…

2 Likes

There are several sandy and rocky islands scattered in the Red Sea. The ones below can be found near HEGN Hurghada, Egypt.

Reconnaissance flight focusing on the smaller strip at the tip of the elongated large one.

The final approach to that small piece of land on the left after a STOL survey

Successful landing amidst coral reef and shallow waters

Reef views on either side of the small islet

And then taking off towards the west.

3 Likes

Reconnaissance for STOL strips in the Red Sea, out of HEGN Hurghada

Aiming for the islet above the starboard wingtip of the aircraft

Taking a closer look at the strip before the final approach

The final approach

Successful landing and stopping where the water meets the land

Heading out to north after take off for further adventures

4 Likes

Look for Isola 2000 in the south of France… the way this strip is layed in the sim :open_mouth:

Please share ICAO

no ICAO very small airfield in the mountains, also info in scenery in flightsim.to

Altisurface LF0621 Isola2000 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

It’s a skiresort I’ve been skiing a lot of times, didn’t know there was a “airport” I suppose this is only available ( real life) in summer…

I liked flying from Nice to Isola in the sim with the C152 aerobat, because I could follow the route I do by car…

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’d count it as challenging enough, but the Gorge River Airstrip NZ South Island is a fun place to land. It is marked in the sim.

https://ourairports.com/airports/NZ-0018/

1 Like

And why not?

Thank you for sharing. If you have your pictures of the landing there and the approach, please share.

Thank you.

Juancho E Yrausquin TNCS just east of Princess Juliana on Saba Island(about 15-20 minutes).

Yes, you can land the shock ultra on many a building’s rooftops, but I’ve put the Kodiak down here more than a few times and the TBM(fun part is getting off of it). Actually well modeled with a lot of random cargo pallets and fencing(not sure if that was part of the scenery pack but not listed as such). Uphill with cliffs on both sides.

If you get the Juliana scenery and Global shipping’s boats for Sint Maarten area, runway textures and trees it’s quite a place to fly around.

1 Like

The most difficult landing and take-off in the world???

Took off and landed an NX Cub at the impossible and incredible airport at Altisurface Notre Dame de la Salette, France, [LF3826]

2 Likes

Out Skerries, Shetland, Scotland, on a very windy day

Lumo Airstrip, Papua, Indonesia

Papua, Indonesia

Bush-flying in the mountains around Finschhafen (Pindiu PDI to Makini MPG airports), Papua New Guinea

The incredible airstrips of Papua

Papua, Indonesia - impossible airstrips

Darakma to Yigi airstrip, Papua, Indonesia

1 Like

A 5-minute video of landing (UT75) on a naturally camouflaged airstrip with high crosswinds in a canyon, in the Canyonlands National Park, carved by the Colorado River after flying several legs over the Moab desert, Utah, shortly taking off next to the colourful potash ponds (UT65).

Flying into beautiful Costa Rica