[Strange stutter] When the sun is at 180° of the camera u get a stutter

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

yes and no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

There is this strange, very strange stutter issue that has been around for many months.
a friend raised this issue and i thought “surely not comeon” and well :joy: it sure did stutter.
When the sun is at your 180° so directly behind you,the moment you pan your camera around you get this massive big single stutter.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
a little visual guidance of what i mean, quickly drawn.

and here is a video i just took: (still processing by YT)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gXhsI2t1Rw

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

spawn in anywhere pan around with your camera with the sun directly behind you and check for stutters.
(happens more often at 150-200+ TLOD levels)

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

10700k, 32GB RAM, RTX 3080Ti, Windows 11

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

This has been around for many sim updates tho, just realized it never got fixed or taken notice of by the devs.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

yes, same thing

there is sudden frame drop when the sun is at the opposit direction of the camera viewing direction, when camera is moved. This also still happens in the SU10 Beta V1.27.16.0.

3 Likes

Can definitely reproduce this bug.

4 Likes

Still happens in 1.27.17.0. Regardless of which DX Version.

4 Likes

Yes, now on SU10 its still there.

I have been trying to figure why camera pans were occasionally stuttering. I tried turning all graphics settings to absolute lowest, tried increasing terrain precaching to ultra (which got rid of all but this stutter), tried ndu tweak from 2 to 4, tried disabling resizable bar. Nothing on my 5950x + RTX 3080 would get rid of the occasional stutter when panning the camera around. I started to notice on the dev mode fps screen, that the stutter was at almost the exact same spot when rotating 360 degrees around, no matter what airport I was in. There was always that one spot where the graph would change from being perfectly smooth to showing a huge blip. I’m so glad someone else has reported this. This could be one of the final key issues relating to stutter even on relatively high end machines.

1 Like

Yes

exactly the same thing. Constant freeze when panning across 180 degrees from the sun position. Mostly noticeable on the ground. I bet this is a major reason many people report stutters while panning on the ground.

1 Like

This thing is actually super annoying ! I try to plan flights at times where the sun wont be behind me. Its ridiculous !

1 Like

it seems soooooo hard not exactly looking 180° behind you… really really hard…

PS: bad try of bumping

You really smart aren’t you ? but when you fly away from the sun its on your front. Genius you are ! :laughing:

P.S: its written “Really” not realy

1 Like

remember what the reported issue is…

I assume you not pan around while you

PS:

thanks… will correct it

So you understood it wrong ! This issue wherever is you look where the sun is 180 degrees behind wherever you look ! Kapish ?

that is not the report

Panning:

Panning:

Your new reported behavior, that you seemingly get allways stutters if sun is behind you, I can’t reproduce. But I can reproduce the reported issue, I see a very short “stutter” at the reported 180° panning if sun is behind me.

1 Like

Yes by the word “panning” its enough to look about 20 degrees to a side and then look straight ahead to the direction it stutters.

You know how much panning i do with headtracking when flying helicopters missions ?

1 Like

not 180° :stuck_out_tongue:

And I can only reproduce that “micro stutter” at the exact “180°” point, may be its kind of change in pre-load. And to notice that , I need to switch to the camery view ( so far I understood its also what OP reported ).

No no its not about making a 180 panning turn. Its about 180 degrees always from the direction of the sun.

ok… I will retest again with focus on that. But I cant remember ever noticed that, just only direct behind me , in the camera and only like a micro-stutter. Never like a hard stutter which prevents me to use e.g. the garmins.

EDIT:
@Roi7471752 and back … I cant reproduce that. Seems also the little micro stutter is gone. No stutters in camera , no in cockpit… tried the “sun behind” and also the 180° to sun from side and I can pan around with no stutter.

OK… its the same for me as it always was. Try in ‘heavier’ areas, move the time to late afternoon hours and try.

Thanks for trying to reproduce anyway

I had in meanwhile same thinking and tried KJFK ( P260 ) , but also here no stutter related to the sun.

But I will have an eye on it on future flights ( and yep, I’am also a fan of Helis :wink: )… some times “you need to know that there is an issue, to notice the issue” :slight_smile:

if it was some minor stutter I would be ok, but this one is like a full stop stutter. the reason i replied to this post again today is not because i wanted to ‘bump it’, I cant care less… Its really because I just flew at the “wrong time” in the H145 and had this at every head turn( because the sun was at my back and i needed to coordinate between houses on my left/right). It was super frustrating.

1 Like

I’ve had this issue also for quite some time. Upvoted.

3 Likes