Stuck on loading screen / 1.25.9.0

havent been able to start the sim normally in 2 months, stuck on loading screen as above. will only load after disconnecting and then reconnecting internet connection, then error message about data connection. have re-installed entire sim with no luck. was hoping update would solve, but problem persists after sim update 10 today. 1.27.21.0 any help would be appreciated. thx.

Welcome to the forums.
Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Look up in this thread to my post dated May 13th.
Links to the troubleshooter checklists for this issue are there.

1 Like

also the most common issue in meanwhile which match with these kind of symphoms:
if you had ever google-maps-replacement installed, remove your windows hosts file and restart your pc

@TheSevenflyer this point must be placed within these FAQ :rofl: … it is currently only mentioned within “PG issue FAQ

thank you for the responses. no map replacements ever installed. have followed all check lists from may 13, including vanilla state and then full reinstall. still wont load without disconnecting and then reconnecting internet----then get low bandwidth warnings in sim even though have gig/sec speeds… not sure what to do at this point…

we have reports where it was helpfull that user restarts its router. Some others also reported issues with the DNS of the ISP, so may be try to set a custom DNS ( 1.1.1.1, or 8.8.8.8 ). Some tests where you disable your antivirus solution , might also be worth.

And of course, think like: if you connected via WLAN, try out with connecting via network-cable.

We have also some seperate topic about connection problems, with helpfull other hints ( e.g. Low bandwidth Message - Connection Lost - Switched Offline )

1 Like

Unfortunately, this isn’t even playable now. I did the disable/enable on the internet/ethernet I have with Gigabit speeds, but the servers are so slow to update the rest of the SU’s that it takes days to even update the entire program. I hope MSFT puts some resources into this ASAP.

I was doing some troubleshooting around this over the weekend to see if I was getting a bottleneck somewhere on my side. In an unrelated issue, I was using the Pandora Music App and suddenly I was unable to load this app as well. This happened around the same time I was now noticing not being able to get into the sim.

My home PC is using an ethernet cable to take advantage of a truer gigabit connection and not have interference to Wi-Fi. Well, I decided to disable the ethernet connection and just relay on the Wi-Fi which is pulling down ~300-400 averages. In doing so, everything loaded fine both now on the sim (and Pandora). Odd. Makes me wonder if I have a funky ethernet connection which is causing some problems. Anyways, relying on the Wi-Fi connection, I’m back in on SU10.

I just ran into this loading issue on a newly built PC with fresh Win11 and fresh MSFS. Unplugging the Internet and plugging it back in got me past the frozen solid blue line.

As everyone above I have spent days trying everyone’s suggestions and have sent E-mails to support and did everything from upgrading to windows 11 to reinstalling the program to changing DNS. Nothing has worked except this : When the program loads and then freezes on the blue line I disconnect the ethernet and the program loads up then I reconnect the ethernet cable. Thats not a way to play the sim. Asobo and Microsoft must know by now this is going on and they have not come up with a fix.

1 Like

Have you tried deleting your saved cloud settings?

I am not sure how to do that.

1 Like

Here is a link to the Support article.

Will I also lose any airports I purchased ?

what you bought in marketplace is bound to your account. Cloud Save contains e.g. the joystick settings, and logbook.

Ok , I may think about it for a day or so I have about 355 hours . There has got to be a way to solve this problem . I have it in development mode isn’t there some way I can narrow down the files it is getting stuck on ?

I found that the 'launcher is , still, looking for MSFS in ‘Windows Apps’ folder, but, the game has been moved to xbox Games folder, after the last update … it’s an xbox launcher, now, and it hasn’t been updated to match … so, forever launching right now … don’t know how to ‘Re-Point’ the xbox launcher , or if xbox will update soon! … worked fine with Microsoft-store launcher, before …

Ok. I decided to clear the cloud as recommended. It did not work ! I did my trick of disconnecting the Ethernet and then reconnecting it after the blue line. That’s how the program runs now . But with my cloud cleared I am back to start and my joystick is not recognized .

I am done. Thus was ridiculous. I am 63 yes old and have never ever had as hard a time with any program ever. X-plane here I come

MSFS 2020 is fantastic when it works , but not worth the aggravation .

I have even asked the ZENDesk to log into my system to try to figure it out. They won’t . They and Asobo must know there is a problem and won’t fix it.

1 Like

I am getting this a few times a week now, even on the latest SU11 beta. I completely wiped my system and re-installed. I cannot see a pattern as to why it sometimes works and other times doesn’t. The trick of pulling out the ethernet cable didn’t help.

However this evening after constant failed loads / stucks at the loading screen, I saw a post on a different forum saying to right click the FlightSimulator.exe and set it to run as administrator. I did this, fired it up from steam and voila. Loaded first time. Hopefully it stays working.

EDIT: Scrap that, the next time I loaded the SIM it again froze at the loading screen with the music playing and the round loading icon spinning forever. The load after that brought up the settings windows as if it was the first time loading the SIM again. Do you guys get this? How are you launching the exe, from steam. If steam what type of steam window, a mini steam or normal steam, steam with the -no-browser tweak. I’m trying the different combinations now as this is the only thing I have been messing with lately so I’m not sure if it in some way makes a difference.

I agree with you. I also have random start-up issues. Works one day fine then the next day Display goes black and PC re-starts. One time it wiped out Windows had to re-install every thing. Let us know how X-Plane works been thinking of trying it out.

It works ok and it may not have the same level of scenery as MSFS but it does not give any problems. I just have to see if I can intergrate Vpilot and add ForeFlight as I did with MSFS. I would recommend it .