Stutters/Latency with new 4070ti

Hey guys I got a problem. It does seem like my graphis card is having ishes with frame generation becouse I did two flights and in both my sim started stuttering and laging on landing. It seems like my Frame generation cant render the frames quick enought and thats why it jumps back and front and sometimes goes backwords. you can see a video here: https://youtu.be/DCG__KbRaq0

This is recorded on my brand new rtx4070ti with newest divers and also old drivers tested. I am using mid to high settings and Frame generation on DX12. In Dx11 everythimg seems working good but I never did a full flight.

I also have the ishue with dx12 where my tiles sometimes dont load. Didnt found a solution but only this forum post: Mixed textures in ground at default airport DX12 Beta - #252 by Theonlybird4624

Help is apprecheated and I thank everybody :slight_smile:
Greetings

1 Like

maybe a cpu bottleneck what is composing your whole system ?

I got an Ryzzen 7 7800x3d running with DDR5 at 5600mhz on a b650 board. And all just brand new. The only thing that I could think of making an ishue is maybe my 750W psu. But that should be enoght. I also bought that brand new.
do you know wherter I maybe have to unlock DLSS3 or something like that?

1 Like

This topic has been moved into the Community Support category.

The Bug Reporting category is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the Community Support category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug Reporting category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

both bios and chipset drivers are up-to-date ?

Im not shure, where can I check? But I didnt modyfy anithing and a b650 should be compatible with the 7800x3d out of the box

I would not be that sure

I recommend you to install the most recents, maybe should you read in this some forum there is few thread related to the 7800x3d , they are rich of information and story of people not having expected performances

for amd drivers , I m sure you can found the last here, and can consult your driver within the windows device manager

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-processors/amd-ryzen-7-7800x3d

not sure about your motherboard wich link to provide you since there is various model called 650 like carbon tomahawk ect but bios version can be seen by accessing to the bios at startup

edit :

few topic related to AMD CPU’s

1 Like

The troubleshooting approach is different with a new build, versus a system that’s been working well and then develops a problem. At this stage, we usually think of settings that, once set correctly, would be good from that point on. Initial setup and configuration.

Think of settings and config options like:

• BIOS settings (enable/disable Virtualization, PCIe slot gen, Memory XMP profile, etc).

• NVIDIA Settings (Resizable BAR, etc)

• Windows settings (HAGS, Game Mode, etc)

• MSFS options

Use tools like the Dev Mode FPS display, Windows Resource Monitor, to look for spikes that align with the stutter or glitch that you see. It’s good that the symptom is so repeatable.

You can also use HWINFO64, GPU-Z and others to see details. And of course NVIDIA Control Panel for the GPU specific settings.

Lets us know how it’s going!

1 Like

Hi! Thank you verymutch for you Response, I did exactly what you wrote, Sadly I am still prety new and I am not shure what I have to think all of. I did also Do exatly the steps that you wrote me. What I did till now:

• Updated all drivers to new (Nvidia/AMD)
  • Reinstalled MSFS and loaded up optimal settings (DX12 no reshade/Nvidia Filter)
  • Unlocked my 240hz monitor in NVIDIA CONTROLLPANEL and also optimezed some setting according to a Q8 pilot video.
  • enabled Virtualization
  • set PCIe slot gen4
  • Memory XMP profile
  • Disabled HAGS and Gamemode

And now I will try to do a flight and see how it turnes out. mentioned above you wrote etc some times. The problem is that I am not shure what you mean with that. you can help me?

Thank you very mutch!
Greetings

And just wanted to reply:

AFter I did the mentioned above I loaded into my SIm and did some rounds around Dus, Cph and LIs while not going into the main menu but rather to spawn myselve to the other airport with Flightrecorder.

With this I had no stutter or whatsoever. Seems like it might have helped.

Ill do a flight now and come back to you guys later.

greetings

1 Like

If you can, don’t use FG. this choking in the camera transitions is on him. You can use DLSS+Quality and select low latency in the MSFS menu which will help a lot in performance. You can also use DLLS+DLAA which will make the sim even clearer but it will cost few FPS or even for the native TAA.
One very important thing to note is that both HAGS and Game Mode must be Off. just then all this stuttering goes away… I have a 4070ti and I went through the same thing. But as mentioned above. needs to be the right MOBO driver as well as the processor chipset.

Fly Safe! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Oh, sorry about that!

“etc” stands for etcetera, meaning “and so on” or
“plus, other things like those”.

I didn’t have enough time to put together more items in each category. I was thinking more about a troubleshooting strategy or outline.

Hey, Thanks for the answer. The trubleshooting does semingly helped me. I am not just 100% shure werther its running. My problem is that its working fine at up to 80fps but I am experiancing those stutters and they only go when I do turn down my graphics settings. I would wish to play at more ultra settings with this performance but then I am having the stutters. I dont see those in Online benchmarks. Could this be becouse I am flying Fenix and my Community folder is filled?

You will always get some sort of stutters if you are maxxing out your system. If you can reach 80 (which is nice but a bit of a resource waste) why don’t you cap your frames in the NV control panel to 60? This with give your system some breathing space. 60fps is more than enough for a flight sim. It’s what I do - I have a 4070ti

2 Likes

ah okay, do you mind sending me a screenshot of your nvidia controlls setting and of your msfs settings?

thanks!

These are my GA settings. If I fly airliners I turn a few of these down as airliners are more resource heavy

Thank you very mutch!

So after I have changed some things i only remain with one big problem. I dont have any ishues when loading in or starting my flight. But when I land I exsperiance stutters like there : Microsoft Flight Simulator 2023 04 22 15 36 51 02 - YouTube It is indeed realy annoying and I wanted to awsk werthere somebody knows hot to fix it. Could it be that my graphicscard is underperforming?

Thanks for every help and greetings!

By landing do you mean shutting the aircraft down, eg switching master off or cutting off fuel? I’ve had this in VR since I bought Pico4, my first experience. I have a RTX 4070 but I don’t believe it is to do with that.
I just shut my eyes for the few seconds it lasts!

I would test the pc with LatencyMon program from Resplendence. It can give you great idea about what is happening. Easy to use. Just start monitoring at Latencymon and play the msfs for a while. If you can, check it exactly when you experience those spikes to see what is causing this on pc side. It can give you detailed analysis.