Stutters Stutters and more stutters

I’m also experiencing some stutter in my system.

5800X
32GB 3600 Ram
RX 6800XT
Windows 11 and FS in 1Tb Sata 3 Samsung SSD

What setting for the rolling cache do you recommend in a sata SSD?

2 Likes

This is exactly what happens to me? Huge stutters on the ground (when taking off or after landing) which disappear if I switch Photogrammetry off. Does anyone know if MS/Asobo have accepted this is a bug? (It doesn;lt appear on the published patch notes for the upcming Sim Update 6.) Also, if I persevere with Photogrammety on, ignoring the huge freezes and rock bottom FPS until I’m a few hundred feet in rthe air, the freezes disappear but I dpon;t get any photogrammetry! ) Is this the same for you, Severeeno?

2 Likes

If it’s an addon airport it probably needs an update from it’s developers.

1 Like

Anything changed for you on this, SplitCurve? The bug doesn’t seem to appear on the provisional patch notes for the upcoming SU6. I:ve also discovered that if I persevere with photogrammtery switched on until I’m a few hundred feet in the air and the freezes disappear, I don’t then get any photogrammetry even though it’s active!

1 Like

The airports I’m using are not add-ons.

By that I mean including market place ones but if as you say they’re default bing airports then it is certainly likely to be a bug. The big question is if it is an isolated incident involving just a few locations or is it a more general issue.

To be honest I’ve taken a break from FS until SU6. I also noticed nothing mentioning photogrammetry in the patch notes…. But I’m still hopeful something secondary will fix this. Im an optimist!

So you’re saying photogrammetry deactivates while your flying? I’ll have to test that.

1 Like

Yes. I can fly over a city that’s supposed to have photogrammetry with PG switched on. The freezes disappear at a few hundred feet, but there’s no PG scenery.

Yes. Exactly like that. It has not been officially acknowledged as bug yet. Zedesk says to try to turn on and off photogrammetry, reset the cache, which I did. Try without mods, which I did also. And try to tun off all internet functionality and then turn it back on, which I have not done actually yet. Will try that, but other than that there is nothing more to be done.

Same here…

I just read some forum posts about how setting everything to ultra settings (if yours are lower) acutally increased performance.

My settings where somewhere between medium and high and then i set everything to ultra…

In my case it actually worked :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I had some slowdown/stutters, and then yesterday it CTD’d repeatedly before it finished loading the sim.
Then I deleted the rolling cache (the “.CCC”) file;
Subsequently on the next boot-up it automatically created a new .CCC file which was smaller – it went down from 16GB to 8GB and things are a lot smoother currently.

1 Like

Thats a good one!! It helped me too.

1 Like

I have exactly the same experience - also increasing render scale has same effect.

This is because (I think) reprojection sometimes needs a little push. Also I’ve noticed when I drop render scale down the stutters come back - like you said it’s the exact opposite of what you expect.

SU6 - if anything this effect is even more pronounced.

Getting frame rate cap to 30 is a must.

I do believe this is why so many have got frustrated with MSFS lately and just proves with this product you most certainly need to think outside the box.

I’m an I9 with 2080 super HP G2 and almost everything at ultra with 75/65 and motion on.

Hope this helps some.

I found out with G1000 NXI installed I have STUTTERING periodically (every 20 up to 50 seconds) when GPU drops drastically and two strong stutters cripple MSFS !!

If you do not install G1000 NXI from the Marketplace everything runs smooth without any stuttering.

1 Like

I will try that but I have stuttering with the CRJ that does not uses G1000 NXI. I dont know if is still loaded in the background and this is affecting somehow the sim.

1 Like

Again: I have installed G1000 NXI from the in-sim Market and noticed a strong periodical stuttering, which cripples my PC for a split of a second (every cca. 40 seconds).

You can try to recreate this by yourself in a few minutes. Install G1000 NXI, go to Discovery flights - choose Naples and leave the plane to fly by itself. In my case after 43 seconds first strong stutter occurs, the second one after 40 seconds, the third one after 41 seconds, etc…

When I uninstall G1000 NXI the performance is flawless with no stuttering at all.

Any other user has such an experience? Can you try this and give a feedback?

(My rig: GIGABYTE Aorus Xtreme X570 with water cooled Ryzen 9 5950X, ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3090-O24G, 128 GB RAM@3733MHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, 3440x1440@180Hz HDR ASUS ROG Swift PG35V monitor)

I took me a while to find out G1000 NXI is the main and only reason for stuttering in the latest version of MSFS.

Let me point out the drop of frames per second (fps) is more severe than only 5 fps. I have “XBox Game Bar” installed to monitor the performance of MSFS and I can tell you the drop of fps literally cripples GPU and Sound Card.

I have reported the issue to Working Title Simulations, but they did not observe the problem (?!). I like G1000 NXI very much, it is Working Title’s great achievement, but I am afraid of possibility, if Asobo will build the current stuttering version in MSFS. This would be a disaster! - :scream:

liked this

@Slehernik I’ll hop in MSFS right now and try this out. Will upload a 2 minute video using it.

1 Like

I did come across some…

This is fully maxed out aside from render scale at 100. 1440p will take a bit to be processed.

2 Likes