Stutters Stutters and more stutters

Thank you !!

You did it! There were two strong stutters and believe me the only reason was G1000 NXI.

Try it without the G1000 NXI and you will see NO STUTTER at all.

It took me days to figure it out G1000 NXI is the main and THE ONLY reason for stuttering in properly configured MSFS.

At Working Title Simulations they still didn’t realize it. I strongly hope they will address this important issue and investigate a bit the matter.

Let me point out, for me any, even a slight stutter, completely destroys immersion in the simulation. Smooth simulation (without any stutters) is an essential prerequisite for the sim!

1 Like

You’re right, it didn’t. I need to try this out in other areas.

1 Like

You shouldn’t bother, I’ve tried other areas as well and almost everywhere there are periodical stutters caused by G1000 NXI.

You will find areas where there are no stutters too, thinking you solved the problem. Wrong. You are going to be struck when least expected again. Really frustrating, believe me, I have been there. :wink:

1 Like

Question, does this affect planes that dont use NXI? I used to have Stutters with the CRJ. I havent tried this cause I am on XP until stutters are gone.

Also, Stutters were mainly on the ground by the airports, is this solved as well?

This happens only on Asobo Arland ESSA and in new york for me. Do you know what that could be? Something Asobo needs to fix right? Often happens when open paus menu as you in the end of the video.

I think it would be good to have some category in bugs&issues of 3rd party compatibility issues. Or it could be located in 3rd party category. That would help us identify problems caused by those and it will help 3rd party devs find problems caused by those 3rd party addons.

I just tested the other way round testing first with the nixi and then without. It gave me the opposite results to what you are getting … Could it possibly be something to do with the scenery already being loaded into the rolling cache I wonder? :thinking:

Well, almost all of my flying in MSFS is in the 152 with the mod. Only other time it has happened is when I spawn at an airport. Sometimes it will stutter briefly and it won’t again. If I remember a while back I did have stutters flying around LA, that’s gone now.

I’m curious if the POI markers have something to do with this. A long time ago I used a mod that added tons of them and what would happen in my sim would stutter when it loaded a new batch of markers. Something I should do is hop in the 152 and turn on the POI markers and see what happens. I normally don’t have them on.

Just set 30 fps limit with vsync. After a few days you forget its 30 fps. Buttery smooth with no stutters at all for me

2 Likes

Buttery smooth for me since I reinstall Windows.

Replying to Ixoye56

Did you try what I suggested: Install G1000 NXI, go to Discovery flights - choose Naples and leave the plane to fly by itself?

Isn’t reinstalling Windows a painful task, which is time consuming and you have no guaranties you will solve on issue? It’s like killing a mosquito by putting the whole house on fire.

NXi uninstalled. Has no effect. Still a stuttery mess while on the ground or at low altitude in the direct vicinity of an airport.

Increase those pre cache settings to max. This was how it was before the last update, that gave us options to adjust it. It’s how I smoothed out mine.

My understanding is that at max it uses more resources but at a steady rate. But on lower settings it requires resources in bursts.

As you turn your head on low it needs to generate what’s needed giving you the stutters.
However, on max it’s always there. So smoother as you turn your head.

Not an expert, but it worked for me and my potato vr pc.

1 Like

Maxed out on my end. I’m going to plan a flight in the 172 and see what I come across. Again, most of my flying is in the 152 and stutters are simply non-existent when flying. Not done much flying in the 172 and very curious. If all goes well with this flight I will do it again in the 152 with the POI markers enabled.

EDIT: Flying from Colorado to Nebraska at 11,500 feet in the 172 at the moment with the G1000 NXi mod and all is peachy so far. I keep looking around with TrackIR and don’t notice stuttering.

I reinstall Windows for other reasons, and a smooth MFSF was a bonus.

I have never experienced any stutters in c172 with or without the g1000NXi from the marketplace. In fact, I just tried a flight in NYC with the Samscene in c172 with g1000NXi, and had zero stutters. All settings maxed out (except the new LOD, I keep it to 200)

It’s been fine for me so far as of late. Only sometimes it will stutter when I spawn (this sometimes happens using custom KMYF scenery, doesn’t happen with custom KHHR, KSMO or KLAX scenery. Been doing flights from the San Diego and Los Angeles area up to Las Vegas in the C208, C172, G36 all with the G1000 NXi.

1 Like

Again, the point is, people are making claims that don’t hold water. The small stutters they are experiencing don’t have anything to do with the g1000NXi. And I am old enough to remember the horrendous stutterfest even with MED settings before SU5. Anyway, here’s my first ever recording just because I am so tired of all the nonsense here in the forums

It’s not going to stutter for me either which is why I made a comment about the POI. I can play maxed out around LA with the G1000 NXi and it will be fine. I’ll make a video once I land.

Same here, photogrammetry seems to inflammate this issue.

I have a top end flagship intel and nvidia gpu 64 ram and reverb g2 is awful.