SU5, before....and after

Some of BCP’s Screen Captures before SU5.

Some of BCP’s Screen Captures post SU5.

NB. Certain alterations to the User cfg were applied.

Raytracing 1

Terrain LoDFactor 4.000000

ObjectsLoD LoDFactor 4.000000

In the Post Process section. Colour Grading 0 Filmgrain 0

ps. We did try LoDFactor’s of 6 which was no problem for our system but we think you could’ve fried eggs on top of the PC.

1 Like

Excuse me for being direct, but your responses are always “We”, who is “We” a club or group, I am not being rude. It just as a reader sounds like a private school club Just intrigued. Obviously your not obliged to answer. And you know what your talking about

Me. The Bear of Little Brain and She,… The Beloved Co Pilot.

5 Likes

Brilliant answer, made my evening :rofl:

1 Like

Have you looked at the street polygons lately and how many more trees spawn in the middle of roads as a result? How about the night lighting, which is back to the pre-SU4 style with little to no variation in color and brightness and rural highways decked out like houses at Christmas. My city’s taller buildings pop in from thin air just 10 miles out now and look like a jagged ruin until the final couple of LODs load in 2-3 miles out.

2 Likes

yes, since… i don’t know, are you on console or not close enought to the monitor?
it seem like you have no idea how Edinburgh (even though only autogen and some static handcraftet) looked before?

Well presented. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

After the latest hotfix the Stutters and frametimes are Bad, Not so Bad Like before but worse enough:-(

How can you post a screenshot playing the sarcasm card when it is indeed broken on your own screenshot? There is buildings without any textures, the castle is floating, buildings are the wrong type, etc, etc :confused:
Maybe you’re just not as picky as us but this is not a reason to say it’s not broken. It is and your screenshot proves it as well.

1 Like

I love that too.
He flew the area. He took screenshots. He posted them on a thread where screenshots of what it’s supposed to look like are present.
He didn’t see the difference.

So, I didn’t notice that 3 areas SUPPOSEDLY have the wrong type of building???:roll_eyes::laughing::rofl: If that’s true (which I have no reason to doubt, but I don’t know) I have absolutely no idea which building are supposed to be where then that doesn’t affect how good it looks - my argument was it looked good and the visuals had not been downgraded.

It certainly doesn’t look like this:

which was the claim in the OP and what I was disputing.

So, this is the crux of your claim that the sim has been ‘downgraded’ to work on xBox? Seriously?:laughing:

Some building types have changed in a few locations around the world? Locations that have acknowledged issues with the data not loading correctly? You don’t think it likely that that data issue also caused the SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT buildings in the locations you note?

I am not interested in, and am tired of hearing about, the pathetic conspiracy theories of a small vitriolic minority.

To reiterate, there is a data issue in the Edinburgh area and some other small locations around the world - the sim has NOT been downgraded.

2 Likes

So, you didn’t notice that the whole of Edinburgh has the wrong sort of building.
And you don’t know what the right sort of building is supposed to look like.
Despite there actually being an image of the right sort of buildings in Edinburgh as the very first screenshot of the thread. (Followed up by others)

And yet you chose to make comment about something you don’t know…

So, you think I should have tracked down the location of your screen shot. memorised the buildings, then flown around Edinburgh to ensure it was an exact facsimile of your picture before stating that it looked great and the sim has not been downgraded?

Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

I acknowledged that data issues that are causing different buildings to be displayed - that wasn’t the point. The point was that it was not a deliberate downgrade of the sim - NOT differences in building archetypes - but you already knew that.

Here is the SU5 version of your screenshot, showing it is exactly the same IF the data downloads correctly.

Just a friendly reminder to keep things civil and on-topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

NONE of the buildings in your screenshots are the correct type of building.

You don’t need to recreate my screenshot to see that.

You only need to look at the screenshot and then look at what you are seeing…

You posted screenshots of your own with generic autogen buildings for god’s sake. Do you not know the difference?

(And if you don’t know the difference why bother to comment in the first place?)

2 Likes

Really? :thinking: Because earlier, it was pointed out that 3 small areas are the wrong building type. If they are ALL wrong, why did someone bother to circle these few? :thinking:

But again, I didn’t claim it was a building for building copy. I said there was an issue with the data causing display problems and that it looked great when you had the data and was NOT a deliberate downgrade.

Mate.

You weighed in long before these other actors.

Posting images of generic autogen and claiming that it looked as it did before.

That was your claim. You posted your own screenshots of generic autogen in support of your argument that it looked exactly as it did previously…

1 Like

You are going round in circles. :rofl: :joy: I am done. Have a great life. Goodbye. :wave:

You were done before you even started.

There have been several interesting and helpful posts in this thread.

One poster managed a screenshot with exactly the right building type.
Another has mixed results.

Both of those posts lead the conversation towards finding out what the technical issue is and perhaps finding resolution to it.

Your approach of posting images that actually clearly show the issue along with comments that suggest you see nothing wrong does not drive us towards a technical solution. Posts like yours simply distract from achieving a solution because they are denials that a problem exists.

The problem exists.
It’s well documented in this thread and in many others across the forum.
It’s documented in other forums.
Simply denying it exists won’t help find solutions and it serves nobody.

Yours.

Somethingbrite.

2 Likes

Once and for all: Yes, there is a problem - it is with the data not downloading correctly in a few small area (such as Edinburgh). There has not been a deliberate downgrade and nothing here shows otherwise.

(Incidentally, the credibility jibe didn’t bother me the first time you said it. It didn’t bother me the second or third time either. So, it certainly didn’t bother me the fourth, fifth and SIXTH time you said it - like I said, going round in circles. :roll_eyes: :rofl:)

1 Like