SU5 graphics quality

I believe you know me enough to believe me!

When I said a few weeks back on the forum (can’t remember where but I did) that I never noticed the shimmering people are talking about at first, until I was finished posting “My VR Index” latest and I’ve started experimenting with “My VR G2”. There is a shimmering problem which is undeniable but it is also possible it is more or less visible depending on some settings.

More specifically about the shimmering bug, I quickly realized it is more visible with the sun lower on the horizon lighting whiter buildings. This shows in the form of white clipping pixels at the edges of the building and because it is white clipping it is most likely having a harder time to “smoothen things” out. This was my first conclusion of this bug, thinking they are assigning a too much metallic material to the black shark AI buildings.

Then I’ve also documented another bug where it shows the viewdir vector in the pixel shader code is wrong on the right eye.

Last but not least I’ve noticed a few days ago another discrepancy with the viewdir and the lightdir (sun) and the shadows which shows only in VR but not in 3D.

All this to say, in my latest “My VR Settings G2” post, I’m reporting that actually Reflections settings in VR (with my test system - all documented over there) when set to anything but Low, is producing fuzzier rendering in the distance. In setting this to Low instead some of the distant objects rendering flaws that I know and document since the beginning, are less visible.

To me, all of this are code bugs for sure, and some where definitely not there prior SU5 either.

1 Like