SU5 graphics quality

There is no comparison possible.

Hardware wise it’s a fairly high range PC.
Problem is you can’t do much with it. Yes you can run the out of the box experience but who does that anyway on a PC? Virtually everyone uses freeware add ons and extra software, peripherals etc.

If you can do without it all then maybe Xbox is the best choice for you, but for people who like more every comparison is useless because Xbox is simply not an option.

2 Likes

Another newbie, YOU DON’T SELL SOMETHING, AND THAN TAKE IT BACK OR REPLACE WITH A INFERIOR PRODUCT, it is dishonest.

11 Likes

It’s ok to discuss a degradation of graphics because of the XBOX integration. It’s not ok to discuss if XBOX users are arcade players (together with a negative tone) etc… That’s not the topic of the discussion.

XBOX users aren’t responsible for any actions taken by Microsoft or Asobo.

10 Likes

What I find totally unfortunate is that they haven’t given any explanation as to how they have destroyed the simulator since the Xbox update. If they haven’t given an explanation it means they are not going to fix it, it’s that sad.
They always said that they listen to the community, but it is clear that it is not true.
I have always encouraged people to buy this simulator in my live shows, now I can only show them what it has become and that they should opt for other options such as x-plane or P3D.
If you have an xbox buy msfs2020, if you have a pc better look for other options to take advantage of hardware performance.

3 Likes

After several redownload and reinstalls, reinstall peripheral drivers and having to use a third party program so i could use my analogue trim wheel. it seems that some hot fixes came out to make the sim flyable, but in an ultra arcade fashion.

2 Likes

Wow, there are some REALLY angry people here!

I know you angry folks won’t like this but the fact that I have NOWHERE NEAR the problems you guys have proves that IT IS NOT THE SIMULATION that’s causing your issues.

If you guys spent as much time examining your systems and your expectations as you do moaning about them, perhaps your experience would be better.

DEFENCE SCREENS UP, PREPARE FOR ATTACK!!!

6 Likes

I read most of the comments as my install has not worked from version 5 update so a long wait for a fix, now we have Xbox onboard, any money on a M.S Combat flight simulator 4 in the FS 2020 now there’s some money in that Microsoft and what about Super Mario as well.

If this ‘downgrade’ is SO massive, why is it that (apart from other than the acknowledged ‘pop in’ issues and some data related problems with building archetypes missing in certain areas) only a vociferous minority that see it? :thinking:

I run with everything on maximum but with no changes to the config file and, other than the above noted exceptions, I have not noticed any differences in the graphics, with the sim now running much better (I won’t get into the CTD’s that some are experiencing, because I don’t think even the hardest core of ‘xBox ruined my sim’ conspiracy theorists are claiming THAT is deliberate. Though it wouldn’t surprise me if they were. :man_facepalming:).

People may argue that I am just not discerning (or picky) enough to notice the problem - and they may be right, perhaps they are just better than me - but we are SUPPOSEDLY talking about a MASSIVE DOWNGRADE, so surely even an idiot like me should be able to see it?

5 Likes

Not all the crowd at all. Pre-SU5 I’m one who demonstrated with videos I could achieve Maximum LODs at an all Ultra level. I do believe that the optimizations are on a good start, and have stated as much on these forums several times. I’m happy to wait to see what WU6 brings. I’m also happy that my demonstration, along with optimizations, allowed many more people to be able to have a better experience, and also adjust to higher LODs where they couldn’t before. And yes, I do want to have the ability to enjoy the graphics at a level I did pre SU5

2 Likes

@CptLucky8 You’re the absolute man, thanks again! Some of your inputs made flying fun again and looking INSANELY good. I can easily bridge the gap until the next WU like this.

3 Likes

You’re welcome to your view, but from an Xbox perspective I find the complete opposite.
I’ve added a hotas, pedals a chat pad and I’m finding a good simming experience, which admittedly grows as I’m getting better at it (and who knows what add-ons will come in time). Not only is Xbox an option, it’s a good option. :blush:

Simming on the Xbox is a joy and a huge step forward for MSFS. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Wow, lots of opinions.

My opinion: MSFS is a Microsoft for Profit Product and ASOBO follow the direction of Microsoft for the financial benefit of Microsoft. What do we get: We are allowed to purchase a pretty good flight simulator.

2 Likes

Still there is no comparison possible.

You will probably never buy a PC for MSFS so comparing an Xbox to a PC will probably never make you change your mind because the Xbox is better for your situation.

The same counts for me. I have hardware which will never work on Xbox. And i use software that will never run on Xbox. So Xbox is very bad for my situation.

Agreed. You already have stuff. I already have different stuff.

But we can both enjoy the sim. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

One year ago I bought MSFS (Microsoft Flight SIMULATOR) Boxed version and that is definetly a PC SIMULATOR and I spend some money for a perfect hardware. It seems for me like someone bought a car with an 300 hp engine and one night came two guys and changed the engine against with a 120 hp engine but not enough many systems of the car don’t work anymore. That is not legal! I’ll ask some experts how it is with MSFS.

4 Likes

They (MS/ASOBO) knew that they were creating the sim (game) for both the PC AND the X-Box right from the start. So why then didn’t they code it DOWN to fit the X-Box right at the beginning and then release the PC version (or both versions at the same time)? Why did they start off with a beefy PC version and then think “OH we had better water it down now so it will fit on the X-Box”.? It all seems a bit a*s-about-face to me. Were they perhaps influenced by $$$ - “Lets get the PC brigade to put hands in pockets first, so we make lots of luverly $$$, then water it down to sell it to the X-Box crowd and make more luverly $$$”. “So what if we upset those PC dudes a bit after we’ve made the $$$”!!
Just me thinking out loud.

7 Likes

You can’t possibly say this with a straight face.

1 Like

I think a large part of the problem is the dev team doesn’t use the same build/repository we use. While we’ve been using the regular PC build since August of last year, they’ve been using their bleeding edge PC/Xbox build. So we suddenly saw all these graphical downgrades when they released SU5, but these have been small incremental changes over time for the dev team since August of last year, and they aren’t used to looking at the build we’ve been looking at. That would explain why there seems to be so much confusion between us and the dev team when it comes to just about everything, including bug reports. It would also explain why so much has been “accidentally” left out of PC updates without the dev team even realizing it.

I personally believe that most of the things people here attribute to malice on the part of Asobo is really just the dev team making amateur development mistakes.

1 Like

No, I just want the folks at Asobo to produce something that looks good. There are plenty of ways to improvise without wrecking things. I have a mid-range system, and I’m happy with performance for the most part. But, every single time they drone on about how they improved performance, it involves reducing things and lowering the bar with respect to what high or ultra is.

5 Likes

I think there’s enough room to make everyone happy in the sim.

1 Like