SU5 graphics quality

If I remember correctly, they’re using mid-range systems with a 2080ti- at least that’s what one of the devs from the Q&A uses to show us stuff.

It was easier to beta the PC version to get it ready for X-box. Now that both platforms are up and running, maybe they will focus more on improvements. I really hope so anyway.

1 Like

I think it depends on what kind of flying you do. If you’re a VFR guy, then it’s beautiful. If you like IFR flying, then it’s pretty unremarkable. MSFS never looked that great from high up since day one. It is what it is. Low-res textures, even lower resolution when above a few thousand feet. Lighting is bad up there. Clouds look silly. It is what it is.

What I don’t understand with all the talk of downgrades to ‘Xbox standards’.
Well, the Xbox version looks terrific, so are PC simmers seeing worse graphics than that?
And if this is MS/A making ‘parity’ why would the PC version come out below? :thinking:

I’m talking about software build, not hardware.

I fly on PC and TV. This sim is MADE for TV. It’s spectacular. It’s spectacular for VFR flying. I don’t think they dummed down anything for Xbox- they just optimized things for performance. Whether they will build in options for high-end users to have better graphics has yet to be determined, but I don’t think one has anything to do with the other.

You have me salivating. I’m on an old 1080p. When I have the funds for a larger 4k I’ll be well pleased. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I agree with you.
And I wish they would focus on fixing those things included in the core program. For instance, the Nav systems should all function properly without us having to load a 3rd party addon. If it was included in the core program, it SHOULD work correctly.

I bought a cheap 4k TV and the difference is unbelievable. I started to notice when looking at youtube videos and I wondered why the sim doesn’t look like this on my monitor. Switched to TV and it was like night and day. I’m sure it would look great on a $1000 4k monitor too, but I’m perfectly happy with my $300 TV at the moment.

1 Like

None of that is a ‘downgrade’ caused by SU5 though and certainly NOT done deliberately to accommodate the xBox.

and other home desktop and commercial flight simulators are not? LOL

Aviation itself is for-profit. If you can find a aviation charity organisation, let me know.

2 Likes

Do you honestly think they’re going to tell you? You think it’s approved for them to say “yeah, the graphics aren’t good anymore…”

Lol

1 Like

They downgraded a lot in SU5. You can go back and increase settings in the .cfg, but it’s well known that there are downgrades. What was ultra is now something much less. And yes, it was done to optimize the sim for X-box. They now have a baseline to work with on that platform.

3 Likes

I can’t agree more and this is self-evident end users aren’t responsible at all for any such decisions. However, they can still be very influential by their mere existence and this can’t be discarded entirely:

7 Likes

I thank you for your kind words! I don’t know what I’ve been exactly helping you with from the look of the screenshots (looking good by the way!), but I’m glad my suggestions are helping!

1 Like

Nope. A minority of users do vociferously make that claim, but I have not seen any proof for it at all, beyond the acknowledged (and slated for rectification shortly) ‘pop in’ issues and the data problems which are isolated to certain areas.

On the contrary, many lower end users have seen significant increases in graphical quality and, as a high end user (all maximum), I have seen no reduction at all.

2 Likes

Youtube is your friend with respect to this. A lot of legit, smart pilots and simmers have all gone through the debate and how to put things back to the way they were. It’s well known everywhere except in here.

2 Likes

Hmm, in VR i can clearly see the compression

1 Like

Worst ist the stutter when camera or trackIR is moving

Left or right is su5 ?

1 Like