SU5/SU6/SU7/SU8/SU9/SU10/SU11 and Bush Trips

Since I am new to this forum and still cannot vote for this topic, I add this post.
Since SU6 none of my bush trips saves… I can only do the first leg and that´s it.

Looking forward to a hot fix for that :slight_smile:

Regards

3 Likes

Thanks to you all, also from me, for your efforts. I did not play the game for some weeks, as with this bugs the fun got lost. I would really appreciate if these bush trip bugs will be corrected. I just want to play them.

2 Likes

Voted. Not a single leg saves at the moment. I love bushtrips but the whole mode is 100% useless to me until it’s fixed.

2 Likes

But if you complete a leg and go to the main menu and then come back to do the other leg, does everything work? Dont you loose the POI?

No it dont save and it did not ,complete, the leg.
Only thing we can do is go to the first leg and start all over
And did not complete the leg is something new.
Only since a few days.
I can live with no gps because i can follow track with the log butt without saving legs it makea no point
Shame on you Asobo
Problems with bushtrips is since update 5!!!

I am getting frustrated with the whole bush trip program. I have been flying them as they came out. No problems at first…now as mentioned… the newest trips just don’t show completions of legs properly. One thing that I do differently is lately because I am re-flying them due to errors. I have been skiping the POI’s and using "ourairports " website to bring up a map and then using “I follow roads/rivers/railroads” method to reach the destination. It works…but using either method (POI’s or IFR’s ) the system just refuses to acknowlege completion of some legs.

Whoever does these bush trips needs to fix the problem.

1 Like

Welcome!
It is recent updates (SU5 and SU6) that have broken bush trips. Bush trips which used to work no longer do. Asobo needs to fix a number of issues with bush trips in a future update and all will be fine again.
Please vote at the top of this thread if you have not already done so. The more votes, the more likely that the fix will happen.

4 Likes

I cannot vote for some reason but I just bought the FS few weeks ago and I was able to fly few bush trips with it. Prior SU6 it always lost the flight plan after 1st save but now after SU6 the legs are not getting completed at all.
Great game but that fun ended bit too soon :roll_eyes: Lets hope it get fixed soon…

2 Likes

Just to add my two cents…
Alpine challenge was completed to leg 3 prior to SU6. Leg 4 refused to trigger. Deleted all saved states and fist leg completeed. 2nd leg will not trigger!

Decided to do Finland trip as I’d not started it yet. First leg was OK, second leg would not trigger so that one is stuck too.

I like running bush trips in VR but these bugs are crazy.
Is there anywhere that states exactly the rules that must be followed to ensure leg completion? Looking at a lot of the posts here, I don’t think it matters either way. It will either finish the leg or it will not depending on the result of a random number generataor.

1 Like

They’re just broken sadly. Now stuck on 4 separate bush trips (I’ve completed 2 prior to the updates that broke them) and can’t bear to fly and re-fly completed legs again in the hope that they complete this time. Very sad as I enjoyed a happy hour or so in vr each evening.

2 Likes

I can go to the bushtrip menu, fly the leg and it ends as expected, so at the target airport it stops and shows me the stats. Then, when I go to the bushtrip menu, I see, that I have not completed. It starts with the first leg again. The POI is not saved.

Nothing to do with the rules. All Bush trips were broken with SU5 and SU6 did not fix them. vote for this thread so , hopefully, Microsoft can do something.

3 Likes

Already voted. Bush trips are a great addition to the sim and it’s just a shame they are taking so long to fix them.

1 Like

I completed Alaska, Switzerland and 50% of the French Bushtrip and NEVER had any line or POI Marker on the VFR Map (Xbox)…

I saw it first in random youtube clips, that there should be something displayed on the VFR Map in Bushtrips…

Seems to be completely broken on xbox right from the beginning…

French Bushtrip is broken for me after the Landing in Andorra (dont know the leg number). Tried it several times, but he doesnt recognize it as completed leg…

Bush trips legs are not saving. It’s in the known issues:

ACTIVITIES

• Bushtrip progression is not saved when completing a bushtrip leg
  • We are aware of this issue and the team is currently investigating

@Wurti There is no line on the VFR map, it appears only if you use the help (but you’ll have the line on the VFR map on the cockpit screen if available, which is kinda weird).
That’s the entire point: Being able to navigate with instruments and instructions, your game isn’t broken and it’s the same on PC. The VFR map is completely empty.
The bush trip description says so as well.

This is how I completed the Balkans Bushtrip today, after being stuck on leg 13 on Xbox Series X. I restarted leg 12 (I presume the last completable leg as a general rule) and upon landing and checkmarking the leg, pressed “continue” and took off straight away to do the next leg, without going back to the menu (neither bush trip menu or main menu). This way I managed to complete the trip, unlocking the achievement at the end.

Also, I have previously tried to go to the menu and then start a new leg, which led to the game not checkmarking my legs and me standing on the air strips without anything happening.

I hope this works for others too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can someone confirm how the update process works on Xbox? In other words, is SU6 delivered via the normal Xbox update mechanism, or do we need to go into the content manager and select it?

I’m assuming it’s a forced update through Xbox, and the next time I launch, it will update me to SU6, breaking every bush trip.

We made the news :upside_down_face:
[Blog] October 28th, 2021 Development Update - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Okay folks, please help the team with details in this post: Bush Trip POIs disappeared after first leg - #43

4 Likes

Yes, sometimes it works, but it’s not the point, the point is that since SU5 all the Bush trips do not work as they should do and SU6 did nothing about it…

Where did you see that? I could not find anything about Bush trips.