Screenshot by isaiahnparadise from Twitter.
Calling real life aircraft experts and peripheral users! We will be hosting a private forum section for closed pre-release testing of Sim Update 7 soon and need your help! This test will not have an open window for sign up through the Xbox Insider Hub as we will be utilizing a closed list of community experts, aircraft experts, and peripheral testers. However, we are looking to add to our closed pool of users.
- To apply as an aircraft expert, click here to learn more.
- To apply as a peripheral tester, click here to learn more.
Happy Halloween to all those who celebrate! We hope to see you in our Community Fly-in Friday: Halloween Edition tomorrow on Twitch!
- The MSFS team
Click here for the web-friendly version.
SU = Sim Update (6, 7, etc.) WU = World Update
ASAP = As Soon as Possible TBD =To Be Determined
Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates
Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on
Planned = Scheduled to be worked on
Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into this issue
Not Planned = We will likely not work on this
Not Started = We have not begun investigation on this yet
Started = Development work as started on this item
Click here to see our Known Issues list.
- Regarding the fspackagetools.exe bug that appeared on SU6, we published a series of hotfixes on DevSupport. If you are impacted by this issue, you can find help here: [UPDATED][FSPACKAGETOOL] Workaround to display debug console - MSFS DevSupport.
We improved the Teleport window: it no longer forces the slew mode in developer cam. We also fixed the dev cam switch.
- We restored the Color Extractor, which had been removed on a previous update, as some users internally needed it again. And we fixed its major crashes.
- We fixed the gltf textures that were not updated automatically.
- We fixed the apron resume edition when there is a spline. We also fixed the aprons that were invisible just after their creation.
Visual Effects Editor:
- We now allow spawning VFXs on SimObjects without setting any node or any contact point. VFX will be attached to the root node of the object.
- We added a new label for EmitterList to show explicitly that StaticMesh is a possible child.
- Cylinder displacement is now correctly converted to cubic inches in the AircraftEditor.
As of 10/23, we have now approved 219 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 123 (+4) have released 582 products on PC (+28) and 231 on Xbox (+28).
In total, 1,425 products (+22) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 389 products (-2) from 3rd party developers are in production (252 announced, 137 unannounced). In total, over 1,814 3rd party products (+20) are either released or are in development.
1,137 airports (+14) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 918 airports (+15) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 471 airports (+23) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 106 airports (-1) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 113 airports (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
230 aircraft (+1) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 75 aircraft (+1) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 47 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 131 aircraft (+0) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 24 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
404 sceneries (+5) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 389 sceneries (+6) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 38 sceneries (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 15 sceneries (-1) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
43 mission packs (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 43 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 4 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
There are 39 new products (14 on PC, 24 on Xbox), and 22 updated products (14 on PC, 8 on Xbox) in the Marketplace today.
The winner of our Discord Halloween Livery Contest is Spookulus#7950 with “Fall Rider: A livery for the C172 G1000”. We will be flying with this livery in tomorrow’s Halloween stream and we encourage those who can to use it too (Note: Unfortunately, only PC users are able to add it at this time)! Click here to download the zip file. Unzip, and add the folder to your community folder.
We stream weekly on Twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial! This week for our special Halloween stream we will fly around Indiana and Kentucky to view some of the spookiest corn mazes. All are welcome to participate! Click here to learn more.
Just in time for Halloween comes this spoooooky Microsoft Flight Simulator video from YouTuber Immersive VR. Prepare to recoil in terror at the sights and sounds of haunted Cougar Basin, Idaho.
Warning: this is a horror-themed video that may not be enjoyable for all viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.
If you enjoyed the Cougar Basin video above, you can download the mod and experience it for yourself in Microsoft Flight Simulator compliments of forum member Photosbykev. His mod includes options for both regular Cougar Basin and the enhanced scary Halloween edition.
This past week our Screenshot Challenge was Color Series - Orange . Here are our runner ups this week:
Screenshot by Parorng (forums)
Screenshot by Nerbulus (forums)
Screenshot by Stanty16 (forums)
Screenshot by jan_air_ (Instagram)
Screenshot by mdagx (Twitter)
Screenshot by GhostRider8382 (forums)
Screenshot by CaptHawkeye50 (forums)
Screenshot by astroboy7305 (forum)
Screenshot by hueyride (Instagram)
Screenshot by Filippo20032222 (forum)
NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – November 4th, 2021
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team