SU7: appeal to Asobo

We’ll get something surely given the next update is a couple months away. They have floated the idea of having a “Bug Fix Only Update”. I really hope they’re taking that idea seriously, this is needed more than we may realize. There’s is no “Bigger Picture” if the fundamentals are not set in place to which cause all these breaks.

2 Likes

Well, I stopped using the sim after SU5 as it was a pain for me being a TrackIR user to look around and see the terrain popping in. SU6 fixed it and now it‘s once again due to Asobo‘s handling of TIR that stops me from using the sim. This time because they broke the tracking system. This developer is a real annoyance.

Luckily there are still DCS and P3D for me.

1 Like

The only problem being that this is the 7th update (or 13th if you count the WUs) that’s being described as “failed”, at least by some. Quite possible that they became kind of immunized against that over the time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder why this thread has not been closed like the one about how the Beta Testing process could be improved? So strange indeed.

5 Likes

It’s been this way from launch date, with people saying OMG x y z is broken and Asobo haven’t put out an acknowledgement yet. Then they do acknowledge something and a week later it’s ‘why haven’t they updated this to say it’s still an issue’?

Some people just can’t cope with waiting for anything. But you can take it as given that issues are logged and they are going to be dealt with in whatever order and priority works best for the engineering of the product taking into account the metrics (i.e. the wishlists).

No matter how much feedback Asobo give some people will need more. That’s just life.

3 Likes

I don’t think WU7 has anything to do with it provided they are sticking to not releasing code or feature updates in world updates. The world update team and the core development team are different teams. It’s not like people switching between the two every month.

I think Asobo should stop listening to all these chicken litte, the sky is falling people and carry on. You cant serve 2 masters. The sim might not be perfect but its still enjoyable to fly. Some of you guys are way too emotional. Lockdown is over, step away and go enjoy some fresh air and breathe

3 Likes

Carry on releasing broken breaking updates? :laughing: Nope, If your quality bar for a product is so low that you are ready to fly in a world where clouds are on the ground, control is not working properly, do not blame others who not accept such a bad quality.

5 Likes

In one of their Q&As, Asobo stated that they planned to divide Sim updates into bug fixes and feature releases

Just to add, I use the DelcanClip and it’s great. No issues and works fine with SU7.

yes they should because alot of those complaining are very nasty. Do you know how hard these guys are working to give up this sim? Some are acting like Asobo is breaking things on purpose. Maybe you guys would like if the sim was just dormant, no updates for the next 5 years. My quality bar is certainly not low. I used xp11 and p3d before msfs and with those sims a lot is not perfect. if it was’nt for 3rd party devs, those sims are nothing. Right now as it stands msfs is the best on the market currently

1 Like

That’s pretty much what they do. The sim is making good progress, and bugs and all get sorted over time. This kind of complaint has been happening with every single update, so it’s nothing new at this point.

It’s frustrating for people affected by bugs of course, I had a period where I was getting CTDs everyday. So I stopped playing till the next update fixed whatever was wrong. Things do improve.

You know, sometimes clouds are on the ground. It’s called fog.

4 Likes

Lots of emotional folks on some of these forums. You should see the mess avsim is lol. I’ve seen people saying sim is unflyable because the night lighting wasnt right, sunsets are too saturated etc. There is even a thread about pmdg releasing their 737 without a weather radar and how its not going to be 100% this or that. pmdg didnt even get a weather radar until active sky made it possible, but people were still enjoying their planes. No we have an active dev trying to give us all this in the default sim and people think its a walk in the park building something this complex

2 Likes

I am still using Track IR. I fly the FBW A320 so do not move my head out of limits anyway. When I step away from the computer and come back I just turn on Track IR from the cameras section - two clicks is all it takes.

Barely noticing this Track IR bug personally.

2 Likes
1 Like

Different people have different expectations, just because you find something bemusing doesn’t means it’s any less important.

2 Likes

No one think that’s it easy. People just asking more quality control. I am also a developer and I know very well how difficult it is. But if I release a product with such obvious errors, I will be fired literally in a month. It’s not about bugs, but about he fact that I allowed it to get into production.

4 Likes

I never said anything is less important, but there is a right and wrong way to go about doing things. All these nasty attacks on the devs are not cool. They dont have to tell us anything and whether or not people buy or play the sim, they are still getting paid. I dont see LR or LM being so open and transparent with their customers and those other sims still has bugs from years ago thats not fixed yet

1 Like

You see nasty attacks, I see constructive criticism on how they can do better and how they need to improve, which is something that some of us have been saying for over a year already.

2 Likes