SU9 has turned me female in the sim, plus weird ATC menu resize bug

I had my first flight in SU9. Performance was great and very stable. But it wouldn’t be an Asobo update if they didn’t throw in a couple of bizarre bugs to troll us with.

First off, when I use ATC I’ve now become a woman. Is there a way to change back to my previous male voice?

Secondly, and maddingly, in VR when I open the ATC menu, the Sky4Sim pad and Sim EFB map they all need to be resized as they are weirdly squashed.

I don’t understand how these bugs even happen, they must do it on purpose. Am I the only one with this issue or is it a known bug?

That’s your copilot. Or it could be you. I’m happy to hear a new voice.

1 Like

turned me into a newt!..I got better

2 Likes

I think it actually is supposed to be the co-pilot voice we here. But it doesn’t change with AI ATC On/Off.

There is a bug for this:

1 Like

Nice voice but I want to keep my own (avatar’s) voice like before SU9, is there a way to do that?

1 Like

Go to your MISC options, and change your avatar. If your avatar is a male pilot, then your ATC voice will be male, similarly, if you use the ATC assist, and your Copilot is female, then the ATC voice of your copilot will be female.

This is how it’s always been since launch. You and your copilot ATC voice will depend on the Pilot and Copilot Avatar that is set in the MISC General options.

2 Likes

the original poster is correct. SU9 has introduced a pilot voice bug.
I have male a avatars selected and locked in.
The first voice contact ‘ready to taxi’ is inn the correct male avatar voice.
The next ‘you are leaving my airspace’ the pilot response is then suddenly in a female voice.
going back to Misc setup and resaving the selected pilot avatar will then fix the correct voice.
But there is no doubt that on opening a new flight or new plane/flight it will select a female pilot voice to initially respons to ATC.

1 Like

ugh yet again the game assumes my gender.

Why is there no Apache Helicopter avatar? I don’t feel properly represented…

1 Like

Just a guess but I assume that Jayne the community manager is pretty much the only female using MSFS, at least from the level of interest I’ve detected when telling female friends about my flights. I sent my best friend a video of me at Brussel’s airport and the insane level of detail at the airport and she said watching me describe the weathering on the roof made her vagina dry up.

Pretty sure this is a male dominated hobby.

Speaking of pilot avatars, anyone know of a way to create your own or edit the stock ones? I would like a fair skinned light haired one for mine.

Back on topic, I can confirm that changing the avatar in settings has no permanent affect on which voice is used with ATC comms.

Shocker…ATC has never made progress…only backwards.

Ciao,
I solved choosing a female avatar (16 for example, if I well remember).
I have a co-pilot with male voice now :smile:

I change my avatar to Male_Casual, no co-pilot but the sim keeps changing it back to female with male co-pilot.

I have to manually change it in the ‘aircraft.cfg’ before each sim launch.

Anyone else getting this?

Regarding the 1st issue reported:

FYI, there is an existing bug report where you can contribute if you still experience it: