Super hornet video

Their modelling and texturing is fantastic, for sure. A few third party planes get close or even surpass it (the Hawk) but not many. Asobo’s default audio lacks detail and though. Its not bad but the best AAA third party planes get it way better. You actually feel like you’re sitting in a real plane with the best of them. Engines sound like they’ve got actual power and there’s moving parts in there, something which lacks from all the default engine sounds. The FBW A320 is a good example. It just sounds far superior to the default version. Its so much more powerful.

As far as I know, that plane was planned as payware, but then the team decided to include it in the GOTY edition for free - good for us!

2 Likes

Does it outperform the previous payware version of Milviz?

I have no idea, can´t use the throttle in the Pilatus, but works fine in other planes. :slight_smile: I am looking into whether it is a bug, or a feature. It looks amazing though.

This F18 on Xbox with the GOTY update is a complete failure. Free or not. Idk if my update is corrupted or what, but it tops out at 630knts at FL400. Makes no sense. Complete trash.

Just like clockwork one can predict and place a bet in Las Vegas that this type of comment would be in the forum.

1 Like

Ok, update done … let’s have a look. Yes, the Porter looks great, but that’s about it.
As feared, it flies like a module for 6-year-olds. The typical ■■■■■■■■ at the start is no longer a problem, aerobatics are also not a problem ( the original don’t like), I didn’t test beta anymore because the connection to the server was constantly broken. Things like fixing the star wheel are missing, ok, because of the simplicity in handling also superfluous) etc.

So typical. xD

Milviz 9 points, Asobo 1 point

I highly disagree. The physics, flight model and systems simulation are great.

2 Likes

I like to respond to this with some helpful criticism. you have a full bowl of popcorn. you take a bite and say “it tastes bad” (I was going to use another word) you take another bite and say “it tastes bad” you take another bite and say “it tastes bad” you take another bite and say “it tastes bad” yet you keep eating… After reading your opinion I went and flew the Porter and had the complete opposite experience. Looks Great Fly’s Great If something tastes bad… don’t eat it

1 Like

You do not understand it. It doesn’t fly badly - but it flies way, way, way too easy.
Use it, and after a while take an XP Porter, or this one from Milviz. I think you will get funny experiences.

But I have no problem with it if you like this high-gloss arcade game.

I’m really not sure how to read this comment applied to an aircraft.

“Flies too easy” is not a very valid or rational description of the validity of a flight model. :thinking:

Ok. Now I see. I should have expected it. :joy:

Lemme help you out.

This is an arcade game.

This is not.

You’re welcome. :hugs:

3 Likes

come on, you can start this thing without pedals. no drift, noo stall on slow short start etc…

You haven’t yet brought any actual reason as to why it’s bad. You only described (not very clearly) how it doesn’t conform to your arbitrary expectations, topped by blanket bashing of the sim, which pretty much removes credibility from your comments.

1 Like

It’s okay if you are happy

I am. Thank you for allowing it. :joy:

1 Like

ahh, i see, you dont have read my first post.

I’ve read it. That’s the point.

2 Likes

ok, then you can find here more

Asobo Pilatus Issues - Bugs & Issues / Aircraft Systems - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Someone says something on a forum so it must be true? :thinking:

Invest the money, get the milviz, and then compare for yourself. :wink: