Support for Wide FOV VR headsets (removing Frustum Culling issue)

Oh yes, its already great to fly today with Pimax headsets but disabling PP would make the experience a lot better. Please listen to SweVivers suggestions and fix this asap.

2 Likes

+1
This fix would be great.

2 Likes

+1 from me.
I won’t buy the sim until this is fixed.

3 Likes

Same to me, please fix it and you will make many people happy.
I only buy vr products which is compatible to Pimax, not the other way around.

BR

2 Likes

Hello, please support Sweviver’s request. The stereo view is good by default (no cross-eyed effect that can be seen in plenty of other games without parallel projection activated) but there is just this culling issue that should be easier to fix I guess. Please Asobo!

2 Likes

+1
It should be easy to fix this

2 Likes

+1
Full support for this. Thanks Martin!

1 Like

+1

Good initiative Martin - we really need this support ! It will make an incredible experience even so much better, and would make FS2020 an absolute show case to demonstrate the potential of VR !

1 Like

I also Support this request!

1 Like

+1

It’s a great sim in VR. Especially with a wide FOV. But artefacts on the side is killing the experience.

1 Like

+1 for the culling fix

1 Like

Agree, need large FOV optimisation.

1 Like

Hi Asobo,

Aller les amis, prenez cette requĂȘte en considĂ©ration, votre simulateur est magnifique, et les casques Pimax sont parmi les mieux adaptĂ©s pour ce cas d’usage.

Hi dear Asobo teams, take this request into consideration; Your product is marvelous, and the Pimax are one of the most cappable headses to be use for Sims.

Cheers, a french “colleague” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Asobo, I also vote for this issue to be addressed
After many hours of reading optimization suggestions I managed somehow to reach ~20 fps with most settings at low or disabled, while (as an example) in DCS my computer does 45 with everything set to the maximum settings/higher resolutions. The difference in performance tells how much better FS2020 could run if it was optimized. Thanks

1 Like

I support that too. Did somebody shared that in the wishlist to vote for? Would be nice, because then it gets recognized better!

1 Like

Ok. I did it. I hope it is ok. If Martin doesn’t like it, I can remove it without problem.
This is the link to vote: Support for Wide FOV VR headsets (removing Frustum Culling issue)-

1 Like

I also do not understand the problematic of the MSFS2020 development!

I can play Aerofly FS2 in VR with my 8kx and ultra settings with more than 80 fps.

Why is it so difficult? MSFS 2020 should work better

FOV is very important. There are some people they want went from the other headsets to Pimax because of the FOV.

FOV is most important on a HMD!

3 Likes

I double that.

1 Like

Agree. Please try to fix.

Could anyone verify this popping object when not using parallel projection is no longer there after the latest steamVR beta update?

I am using Normal FOV as set in pitool.
Compatible parallal projection is unchecked and confirmed with green power led light in the pimax8kx hmd.