Tall buildings *HAVE* been fixed - requires a manual process

Is this part of the tall building problem people have experienced?

or this?

If so, the manual update fix in this thread did nothing. I honestly don’t remember if these hangars were a problem before 1.9.3.0 though.

People need to do this for Japan, update manually these 2 contents updated.

1 Like

I still have abnormally tall buildings after updating Japan content. See above.

i’m also confused as, until now, I had never downloaded or flown in Japan.
I didnt understand when the second last update told me Japan was included I had to manually download it

So, without ever downloading Japan I noticed the tower blocks all over the place after that woirld update. I still have them after yesterdays update.

I am now downloading Japan in the hope it will get rid of them.

Please point me to anything i’ve missed about this issue I would like rid of them.,

yes, after downloading these 2 little files, tall buildings are fixed!

i still have them

Worked for me thanks!!!

1 Like

They haven’t been fixed. They’ve been “reviewed”. That means tall buildings are still where they shouldn’t be, but they’re not quite as tall now.

And yes, I did finally install the extra “fixes” from the Japan content as some suggested, and it did absolutely nothing for any area I’ve seen. Maybe it fixed Japan, but didn’t fix other places as far as I can tell.

For me downloading the two updates in the content manager fixed the City of Salzburg at least so there’s that.

Im not even being allowed into the content manager to update anything, its just frozen :frowning:

No this is just awful AI for airport design. Every small airport I visit has 6 story hangers instead of single story hangers and then countless weird houses instead of hangers.

Small airports would look great if they just put normal sized hangers and hangers instead of houses. According to ASOBO every small airport also has a small housing development with house designs I’ve never seen anywhere in the United States before.

It’s pretty frustrating looking at it, hopefully with the bug reports I and others have submitted they can hone in the AI a bit.

Hi all.

The “very” tall buildings are fixed. And i downloaded the two Japan files manually with the content manager. I cleared the rolling cache.

But, i still have buildings i think they are to big. Example:
the airport of Valencia, Spain…or the airport on Menorca…
I don’t think that the terminal are so big…it looks like many levels…
Can someone check it please?

Well, I cannot access the content manager, it is stuck on loading forever

1 Like

Why oh why is this not automatically downloaded if you have previously installed the content?!
Come on Asobo this is basic user stuff you should’ve sorted before release.

1 Like

Some mod or liveries you have in your community folder is causing this. Maybe something wrong with it’s manifest or folder structure I’m not really sure.

I had the most recent liveries mega pack installed and couldn’t get into the content manager. I ended up just keeping the few that i really wanted and removing the rest and the content manager worked again.

Just spent about 14 hours reinstalling. Can now get to the content manager but am still having the high buildings issue - isolated skyscrapers where small low houses should be.

Now I have a new problem, the community folder newly created will not let me move or copy files from it. Ive obviously added something again that prevents the content manager from opening. I get the message; “Your organisation does not allow you to place this file here.” (I’m trying to drag it to the desktop)

Empty your community folder. One or more of your mods/scenery etc has a conflict. That will open the content manager

Before I empty it, I wanted to move or copy it all to a spare folder, theres 12gb of stuff in there. It wont let me move it. “Your organisation does not allow you to place this file here.”
I really dont want to delete everything then have to hunt round for all the separate addns, download them all and reinstall them. Big mix of scenery, buildings and liveries.