Terry Fox Marathon of Hope Registration Thread (Charity)

This link is in the OP, but you may have missed it. And for confirmation, yes, you are registered successfully to fly a C172 (G1000) in this event, @RIKAARAmbnt. If you’d like to change your plane, let me know sometime between now and the race start time.

1 Like

Reminder that the deadline to sign up for this event is coming up in three days. Please submit your registration form at the link below if you have not already done so.

@SeedyL3205 & @FactualGull1036.

Back again for my 4th race in a row. Never said it after last race, but congratulations on the amazing fundraising effort last race.

3 Likes

The registration deadline is TODAY! Be sure to sign up at the link below if you intend to participate as a racer in this event.

Quick question: Are we allowed to use the AI co pilot (Now called Flight Assistant) to take over in flight?

Reason I ask, I didn’t find time to prep this time, so I chose my plane for this session based on the results of others in previous flights, just to realize now, my chosen plane doesn’t have an autopilot. I wasn’t expecting several people flying a plane without autopilot in the past.

If we can’t use AI assistance, Seedy could you please change my plane to Pipstrel Virus? Thanks, and sorry for the late (maybe) change.

Hmmm…I hadn’t even considered the Flight Assistant. I have personally never used that feature, and it didn’t even occur to me that others might do so during this event. My inclination is to say that no, you should not use the AI co-pilot, but I’m really not sure if it’s possible to enforce that rule beyond the honour system. So just don’t do it, everyone. :wink:

@FlightZelle I’ve updated your registration to the Virus for this event.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Registration is now closed. Please confirm your registration in the spreadsheet linked below. If you’d like to change your aircraft selection, please send me your new choice between now and Friday.

Here is the breakdown of plane selection for this event:

This leg will be a strange one for me.
Haven’t flown in a while because reasons and I’m on call this weekend.

Oh well, just have to do what I can and have as much fun as possible on first leg and then wring every single knot out of the plane on weekend #2. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Race Day and Results Thread is now up:

Hey Seedy, do you have a countdown clock for the second leg as well? Just to be sure, it wouldn’t be the first time I made a mistake with the time conversion :wink:

Hi @FlightZelle,

See this thread for all the info for Stage 2:

1 Like