Thanks for delivering an arcade scenery flying product

Just as everyone said. FSX wasn’t great out of the box. Other developers made it great. PMDG and Level-D made some of the best aircraft add-ons for it with real complex working systems.
I was in the tech alpha and I am thankful we have something new to work with. All of my virtual fly products are working out of the box and I did purchase the Cerrando in the marketplace and let me tell you the flight model is great! Already it’s one extra that is exceeding my expectations over stock aircraft. You really need to give it time. To be honest, even if it was rushed to release I am happy it was…Why? Simple, everyone is going to report bugs and MS is going to get the feedback they can use and not just MS but also 3rd party developers will be able to avoid certain issues. This will happen in record time and with each build the sim will get better. I could careless we are all testers at this point, we were for Windows, Office, Adobe and just about every piece of software out there. What do we do? Deal with it, it’s not like we stop using it. Even X-plane has alot of bugs. The only time I will get upset is if the issues are not resolved at all. Sure there are different tiers. I would expect MS to address the people who keep crashing to desktop first as opposed to fixing a setting in the GUI. Maybe take a break and revist the sim in a year if you think it is a scenery simulator.

XD, he wont

Well, you said “ALL” flight models are completely wrong, and I know for a certainty that is not the case.

If a 152 or 172 can be created which flies very close to the real aircraft in almost all parts of the flight envelope, I am completely confident that the underlying flight model technology and atmospheric modeling of the sim are correct.

That’s not to say that the flight models of specific aircraft might not be wrong, but that is design error in the creation of that particular aircraft - not an indication of a major flaw in the core aerodynamics of the sim environment itself. If even one aircraft model can be created which shows a high degree of accuracy, then that tells me that the sim should support similar accuracy in almost any aircraft, if it is built by a developer with in-depth knowledge of the aircraft in question.

A user on Avsim who has r/w experience flying the C208, said that in level flight, when he set the engine torque and prop RPM to values that in the real aircraft should give an airspeed of 120 knots, it only gave 55 knots. That would indeed indicate that there is a problem in at least the engine design of the default C208, but that is no indication that an accurate C208 cannot be made.

Since I have no real world experience flying a C208, I would not try to fly “it by the book“, since I have no expectation that the default model is anything close to “study level”. I simply use whatever amount of torque and RPM I need to maintain level flight at a constant airspeed, and it works fine.

I likewise had no expectation going in that any of the default airliners would be anything beyond a very basic and limited representation of the real world aircraft. There were indeed some serious autopilot bugs that arose late in the beta phase that made several aircraft almost unflyable. From what I have seen in the release version, almost all of those have been fixed. I have flown the A320 since the release on a short 300 mile flight, and had no major problems at all, other than the limited systems emulation and limited FMS functionality, both of which I fully expected before ever purchasing MSFS.

I will wait for the PMDG version for a truly accurate 747, or FSL for a truly accurate A320.

If Asobo made any serious error, IMO, it was in trying to include too many different default aircraft at release. If it had been my design decision to make, I would have had one single engine piston model with modern avionics, one single engine piston with analog gauges, one single engine bush plane, one piston twin, one turboprop, one biz jet, one airliner, and one amphibian.

With all the aircraft in the premium edition, it is a bit of a case of “jack if all trades, master of none”.

They obviously spent a lot of time getting the C152 flight model “right”. With fewer default aircraft, perhaps they could have spent more time perfecting some of the other models, with more systems functionality and more advanced avionics/FMS/autopilot features.

But, what’s done is done…

2 Likes

lol what game you going back to?

And 1 helicopter :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried to make that case numerous times already. I, too (real C172 experience) think the default GA aircraft are much more accurate than any previous MSFS has been (including P3D of course). People nowadays prefer to be cynic and be able to shout out “I told you so”. I honestly don’t care. The big fear “I” have is Asobo starting to simplify and start tampering with the flight model, because they are getting false feedback (e.g. Making the wrong assessment about the flight model and physics based on a few aircraft). Again I hope people stop speaking for me. I am a flight simmer for 30 years and am very impressed by this new starting point. I am completely spoiled that not even FSL can keep P3D on my computer. Right now there is plenty to do in the VFR world to keep me busy until the big boys (PMDG FSL, etc…) populate the sim. I had the best multi-player sessions I ever had yesterday. It felt great to help out first time simmers. While there is loads of thing that needs fixing, it gets many things right P3D wasn’t able to (even with 3rd party) or didn’t even have.

6 Likes

Agree ! The platform should in his core be good . Better aircraft and airports is fixable with add-ons…

Well said. Thank you.

Should change your IF to RvXWiner… :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

The game is 1 day old. Can you give it some time? Of course they aren’t going to completely adjust their development cycle based on your feedback, but you can expect that they are likely implementing changes in the background waiting for post-launch updates for things like this. They had launch date features set years in advance.

1 Like

very nicely put, thanks and i’am not a real pilot but i feel the same

Sorry I must correct you: I can “fly” to “places” I have never seen in my life. I “fly” with “airplanes” that I can never afford and will never have

This is just a game…

:rabbit: :chess_pawn:

The game is not 1 day old. The game is more than 8 months old. It was born (to us) with Alpha v1 and it evolved (“grew up”) to what it is today. During that time we gave plenty of feedback to MS / Asobo.

2 Likes

It look like you don’t want to understand what 3rd party can bring and focusing on something, the default have nothing to do with 3rd party.

Haha @Thoddy398 delete all post if they are contra for Microsoft :joy::joy:

You people either don’t understand or don’t want to understand what’s wrong with this product. There is serious issue in flying model. It’s on Core flight model of the actual product itself. If this doesn’t get fixed on a very high level it doesn’t matter if pmdg or fslabs released their product. If this stays like this. I highly doubt that PMDG or Fslabs will ever release their product on this platform.

3 Likes

I can drag multiple threads here to point out issues with Asobo about what’s wrong with the product. After they announce their release date they stopped listening to us. We also insisted to delay the release in order get a finished product. They also ignored that. It’s not a day 1 product. Many of the people then said they may have separate team that have entirely separate build that have better things or working module. So we all waited for the release. Now all we see is an unfinished arcade scenery simulator.

1 Like

You are very keen to demand that everyone respects your right to have an own opinion but are at the same time very quick to call out anyone who also has an opinion, even if it differs from yours. I would like to engage in meaning conversation but this attitude makes that unfruitful to me. Thanks and happy flying or whatever you do.

Do not point out only at me. There are more than I in this specific thread that agrees with what I have provided as feedback.