The 40th Anniversary Edition is a milestone to the dedication and love that Asobo have put into the game, I wanted to say thank you!

'Twas the night before the update, when all through the sky
Not a plane was flying, as the moon hung so high,
The forum dwellers waited patiently, waiting without despair,
In hopes that 40th Anniversary Edition soon would be there;

We are almost here guys, a massive milestone for Microsoft Flight Simulator, its been a wild ride so far, we’ve had our ups and downs and problems and successes, but I want to thank all the team at Asobo who have worked so hard to give us free and regular updates.

Thanks to all the forum staff for all the hard work and dedication you also put into these forums, and thanks to the community team for all your hard work on everything you do, and all the things you do that we don’t see behind the scenes!!

Bravo Asobo! :partying_face: Bring on the update!

148 Likes

Thanks @Yettybox! The 40th Anniversary Edition is the biggest update to Microsoft Flight Simulator since its release in August 2020, and we can’t wait to get it into your hands! Bringing back so much content from previous versions of MSFS was a real labor of love from the team and a way to show our appreciation and gratitude to our loyal fans, some of whom have been players of this franchise since MSFS 1.0 in 1982. We certainly hope everyone enjoys it!

MSFS Team

77 Likes

can’t wait for the Sprucey Goosey. Got some animals at the south pole to rescue!

2 Likes

I’m so excited I can hardly wait, but there is so much goodness coming it will be hard to decide what to try first. Will it be the Beaver, the Goose, a new helicopter, I’m leaning towards trying the Beaver first myself. So glad I have tomorrow and Monday off from work so I can play with the new toys.

And this on top of all the joy and fun this sim has brought me already over the past 1.5 years/720 ish flight hours I’ve been using it.

Huge thanks to the whole team!

3 Likes

Just want to add that the sim has evolved much more in 2022 compared to 2021. Asobo team is more mature and it shows !
Keep up the good work for 2023 and do not forget VR :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

tomorrow should be a great day for MSFS simmers
hopefully not too many kinks but I know if there are any MS team will get them sorted out.
There is a LOT of new stuff being introduced along with the new planes…patience - remember to breathe

4 Likes

It feels like a bit of a love letter to the legendary Aces Game Studio team who came before as well. Specifically bringing back iconic aircraft and missions from earlier versions. It’s all coming together!

5 Likes

Let´s see what the SU11 game core brings first. New content is a plus, sure, but that alone is not enough. I´m tired of technical problems and performance issues. We need a solid core to support the content as well. If that´s the case then we can celebrate the 40th with bells and whistles.

Cheers

6 Likes

First off. Thanks to MS and Asobo for, well, everything really. But for me the people at the front end are the forum mods. developers make it and the mods take it… Even with performance hits and bugs I still always find something to amaze me in this sim. Here’s to 40 years! Thank you is not enough.

5 Likes

And tomorrow 11/11 it’s an official day off in France, and I’m not joking.
Asobo will deliver this package anyway, thanks for that, team! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Biggest update to-date. Here’s hoping it goes well, updates smoothly for folks, and the servers can cope with the downloads, then the activity.

It’ll be a busy day. Spin up those servers, Microsoft, like you’ve never spun before! :joy:

Looking forward to a try with the A310 - I hear the MSFSOfficial YT or Twitch will have a series of tutorials on that glorious bird.

4 Likes

Which means no one will be around for 3 days if things go sideways :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What do we know so far about the “level” of the new aircraft in SU11? Did I read that the A310 was study level? Noo…much have read wrong? And the DC-3 (the one Im most curious about?). A cpl of hours left…

1 Like

Yes, The A310 will be a study-level aircraft.

6 Likes

a310 will be full fidelity.

I wouldn’t hold your breath for the other planes. You’ll be able to start it and get it in the air. I can tell you that much

3 Likes

This is so very true and I also want to say a huge thank you to the extrodinary team work that happened over one of the most trying times of a global pandemic and to still have the amazing results we are all enjoying with the flight sim.

4 Likes

The other aircraft will be more shallow when it comes to systems, anyway experienced third party designers create them so they might fly and handle reasonable enough :slight_smile:

The DHC-2 is created by Blackbird Simulation (aka MilViz), the Bell 407 is created by Nemeth Designs, the Grumman Goose and Curtiss Jenny are both created by iniBuilds like the A310 is and the DC-3 is made by Aeroplane Heaven to name just a few.

5 Likes

Nice to have a positive topic, SU11 will be really good update but would temper expectations a bit as we don’t know just how ‘complete’ all the extra content will be!

For example, and I do hope to be wrong, but I think the A310 will have some issues or features not quite complete / up to ‘study level’ but I do expect inibuilds to speed-tape the issues in subsequent updates.

But without a doubt, releasing such an update for free, gratis, nada is unbelievable and we should not lose sight of the fact that updates are going on and on and on, bit by bit improving (well… somethings are taking longer than others, ahem) But let’s enjoy the flying eveyone!

7 Likes

Does anyone happen to know the file size of this update? Since I’m sigh still playing on XCloud, I’m limited to only 50 gb of space for addons/WUs etc. Not complaining - I’m flying almost for free after all - but I’d love to not have to delete/uninstall a sizable portion of my addons just to install it.

1 Like

Mentioned in this week’s dev update -

The size of the update will be about 22 GiB (for Premium Deluxe) and users will require 40 GiB of free space.

3 Likes