The broken 225/03 wind discussion thread [Extremely Concerning]

My other post in the link has the whole procedure I used. It went from working to not working at 93 DME miles northwest of ZIH VOR on the 292 degree radial (Airway V1) at 8000 feet. When I turned around and backtracked, it started working again at the very same point. Duplicated on 4 separate flights on different days.

If you guys want a northern border, check up around Umiat ,Alaska along the coast there…i believe I recall about a month ago I was there and the wind was correct. Can someone else confirm? Side note: I’ll never trust a breeze from the South West ever again.

Unfortunately, it appears I’m going to be railroaded by little nav map not working. Aka I don’t know how to get it working right.

Would LOVE for someone to give us a rough map of where live weather is that would be super awesome

In a world where companies answer support with Chat bots and through Twitter handles, it does seem like MSFT skimmed a lot on support. So much that they can’t even update the “Known Issues” list. I would bet my entire bank account that someone that works on this game (and getting paid for it) in any fashion has come across the weather bug. Or they know and reported it internally, but no one really wants to expose 50 items in the known issues list.

1 Like

I encourage everyone in this thread to upvote the 225/03 thread over in the new bugs section.

4 Likes

I’m currently tracking it up through the bahamas. its pretty much a hard line. Turn right when its 03. Turn left when its 11

3 Likes

have you looked at the little navmap guide in the guides section on the forums? works fine for me

Yea. All is well now. For whatever reason, when I found the guide none of the drop downs would work. Someone linked it to me and it worked.

I see they’ve updated the Known Issues in the News section of the forum… I also notice that the weather issues still haven’t made it into this list…

1 Like

Noticed that as well, very disappointing.

1 Like

Ridiculous now right? THEY KNOW THIS IS AN ISSUE! lol I dont get why they can’t just put it on the list already.

I don’t believe there is a single other issue in the Bugs & Issues section that has nearly as many upvotes! I just don’t get it. Whats the point of creating a voting system for issues, if the one winning the vote race by a landslide won’t even be ackowledged.

According to someone I spoke with at Meteoblue, Asobo is not only aware of the problem “but have fixed it, and will be released in a future patch”. I don’t have my hopes up that it will be this week’s patch with their current known issues list. I’m not even sure if they are telling Meteoblue the truth. Why would they have one of the most requested bug fixes, fixed, but not release it in the upcoming patch?

2 Likes

Preparing ranting mode… AGAIN

Why is this so difficult?!

1 Like

Maybe, just maybe, in this update due out on Thursday (3rd), they’ll make some kind of vague reference to announcing acknowledgement to the weather issues in the update they release on the 10th? /Sarcasm

:man_facepalming:t2:

We can wait till Thursday, see if that changes the known issues list. If it doesn’t, then we can ask the mods again, why it’s not there… it is surprising!

Welp. That’s what they did.

1 Like

except a day earlier than you predicted lol

1 Like

It’s Thursday morning in Australia. :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone’s ATIS report correct weather? Regardless of what the sim shows as actual weather mine says few clouds at 3 altitudes every time. Has been like this since pre release. Has anyone actually reported that to zendesk or had an acknowledgement?

Oh haha you’re right, well you have to count us guys in California and those in Hawaii :grin:.

I’m glad they at least finally acknowledged it and its on the list.

2 Likes