The Goose Flies Again

:+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Look suspiciously like Jankees quality to me :grinning:
Superb, as always.
TG

1 Like

Loving it!
Is there a way to adjust the gamma on the gauges to get that blue light tint off of them? Is there a parameter in the panel file somewhere?

You are the man!
Between you and Wookie, you’ve made this Christmas good.
I was sketching a fishing boat from the ramp in Masset, when a Pac Coastal goose appeared in front of me flashing their landing lights for me to kindly move my car so they could get out of the water. True story.

1 Like

Amazing work @OzWokiee ! It can also take off… I flied it without the damage settings, just to make sure I don’t miss anything…

Out Skerries near EG78… off the coast departure, 7NM/1700Ft

Go slow on landing… stopped just in time…

Impressive instruments panel !

Looking down…

One little quirck… it is very difficult to manipulate it in the water, speed and direction. If you have too much speed on landing, it will just “crawl on land”…

use water rudder hack and keep it below 10 kts

1 Like

Thx for the advice, @Pontiac513713… I’m a beginner with cfg’s don’t know yet about this point #9 but I’m certainly gonna look into rudder excursion, it was not enough to steer in the water.

Can I copy the config to the test airplane so it feels like a goose ? Because it is easier as a project… the SDK airplane editor has fields for rudder sensitivity. Rudder excursion can be widened… maybe these settings can be balanced somehow…

Interesting and beautiful airplane, this Goose. Landing or taking off on a runway is uncommon it seems, all youtube video’s I can find show goose in the water, it is handled like a boat. Maybe the idea of “landing” this plane is to put it down somewhere farther off shore and then proceed as a boat, 5-10 knots…

Here is a nice video showing how it is parked and then set on course manually… all so easy

Some bush landings… :star_struck: :smile_cat: from 3:30 pilot does several attempts to “crawl on land”, suppose the idea is to allow the tourists to leave the plane with dry feet ?

1 Like

You can play all you want in SDK with it, but I already did. If you increase rudder effectivity in such a way it works on water it’s barely controllable on land.

You do not need SDK for this, you just need to edit the file as instructed. Make a backup if you are unsure.

But done correctly you only need to remove one ; and change two numbers. I cannot make it more clear that that.

What’s the saying…nothing like the sound of round.

2 Likes

Ohh I like that!

It’s not always a good thing to see a Grumman airplane landing on water … :cry:

3 Likes

Job well-done… Gotta do whacha gotta do sometimes.

I have endeavored to add your water rudders, checked my inputs with notepad numerous times, and all works except just as I am about to touch the water the sim crashes to black screen. No crash/overstress notice! Would you be willing to look at my flight_model cfg file?
Be Safe
albotting@gmail.com

A radial aircraft flew over my house the other day (too far away to see what it was) but it sounded beautiful and of course the first thing that came to my mind was this Goose and my excitement for good days to come.

1 Like

Are you on modern flight model?

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by ‘modern flight model’?
Downloaded here on March 14, 1921.

In Options under Flight Model, make sure it’s never set to Legacy, ALWAYS on Modern.

Yes, the flight model was at MODERN.

Got a question. Is the KN 62A DME not implemented at this time? I can’t get mine to turn on.

That is correct.