The Halo spaceship DLC

In KSP the only true manual maneuvers are EVA and docking with RCS thrusters. Otherwise, through a computer, you orient yourself to your orbital pane and fire engines for a specific amount of time. MSFS doesn’t have any guidance computers.

I’ve tried flying rockets from the seat and you feel so blind and disoriented. I can’t imagine how Apollo 13 astronauts felt doing that course correction.

1 Like

I can only image how convoluted a Garmin built space guidance computer would be! :laughing:

1 Like

Hope they will solve the fly-back bug before we get real spacecraft :joy:

2 Likes

They had computers, less powerfull than a calculator … and ground control talking them home!

Interesting new thread? Could a civilian fly Apollo 13 home and land with the help of ATC Bwhahahah!

They didn’t need a lot of computing power (neither did computers smaller than a room exist) because there were no fancy graphics to display and I believe course corrections and what not were calculated on Earth and beamed up to the spacecraft. :nerd_face:

See ya. Thanks for stopping by.

Probably not, but they did only have simulators before doing the real thing!

The programming on the Apollo guidance computer was one of the best pieces of software ever written.

The wheels are too small to be proper landing gear, but those wheels should have been for taxiing around once a vertical landing was made. Translating forward or backward should make the Pelican roll on the ground, but they don’t. Best we can do so far is hover just above the ground in order to reach a parking spot.

1 Like

I wonder if it would taxi with Hover mode off so it has horizontal propulsion active, and remember to turn off the parking brake.

And the computer running it fit into a whole room but was less powerful than your cell phone

Earlier builds did not have this limit.

The graphics and scenery started to break down at extremely high altitudes, and I’m assuming that’s why they introduced it.

The limit is probably some arbitrary value that would be trivial for them to change, but I’m guessing it’s hard coded.

I read somewhere that a novelty birthday card, that records your voice or plays a celebrity voice, has more computing power than Alan Turing had to crack Enigma during WWII…

Thanks for the tips on moving to horizontal flight, I’ve been trolling around Superspuds Area 51, I mean where else would you go :wink:, at 200 knots. This is the first Aircraft I haven’t crashed on first flight :joy:

Request for the Pelican: Huge dust, snow, water spray when low over those surfaces. I.e. being able to brown out would be terrific :grin:

I take it you haven’t seen the kinds of things people can download and fly on the PC version? The Darkstar and Pelican are fine.

They don’t. It’s MS.

Don’t download it and it will show as a generic plane. Just like any other (fantasy) aircraft you don’t own.

5 Likes

Well said. It’s tad bit arrogant to think that the sim can only be this way or that way or on these can be included but not those. I’ve been simming since the 80’s and I take it seriously as well. That said I believe there is room for everything and anything in a sim as long as it’s well done. I mean the day I crash into a Halo jump ship on short final my attitude might change but until then, bring on the spaceships. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Choose what you share the sky with in multiplayer - Community Support / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Might be a solution for all of the above apparent stress?? :slight_smile:

Just watched the new Halo TV series. (nice) I’m wondering if they have already created such a really detailed 3d model, why is the FS version so loveless?

1 Like

Would crashing into a 152 on short final make you less angry than a Pelican? I don’t see how one is worse than the other.

For example I may fly the pelican ‘properly’ and respectful of others. But when my 3 year old wants to climb into my lap and fly a 152 hes obviously wreckless.

Please note this is just a general question to play devil’s advocate and not meant in any argumentative capacity. But your point is echod by others, the same people buzzing the tower are gonna buzz it in a 152, 747, magic carpet. Halo pelican. This is the very core of multiplayer.

3 Likes

Yes but this is rated E for everyone, so you cant crash into anyone, you just fly through them, you cant knock them out of the air with your jet wash and in turn they cant do the same to you. So in effect there is nothing physically you can do to other multiplayers other then your visible presence… I dont see the issue here. But maybe I just have WOKE up yet? I dont know…