šŸ©¹ The patch everyone was waiting for (Jul 30) has been released! (topic emotion grade: lively, but still civil)

I agree with you. But many others wonā€™t. They think the menu is very complex already.

Hence the presetsā€¦I mean surely they can hide all the advanced sliders under ā€œadvancedā€ or something like thatā€¦

There is never a one size fit all solution. This LOD reduction and culling is a perfect example. People running low-mid rangers are happy, people running high end machines are mad. Options and sliders are there so that no one on either end of the spectrum gets the shorter end of the stick. And honestly unless itā€™s an engine limitation, there is no reason for any devs to purposely screw one end of the user base.

3 Likes

Thanks for the informative post. Is the same code base leaving room for (slightly) different end-products? The word base sounds to me like slight differences are possible.

Surely possible. But I think that they will extend sliders to the right end only as far as the Xbox can handle it.

That said, I would be extremely happy if Iā€™m wrong.

My humble hunch is that youā€™re wrong here :wink:

Which would make us both happy.

Andā€¦ I own a super ultra wide monitor, which gives me loads of slide space.

2 Likes

Is it possible to give 2 :heart: for one post?

1 Like

3 likes now.

1 Like

They insist on having one code base for Xbox and PC. They say they would implement sliders. But they would have to scale sliders differently on the 2 platforms. Which they obviously will not do because it would mean different code bases.

I see no issue with why they wonā€™t implement two different code bases, because there is no need.
There probably wonā€™t be sliders on Xbox versions, so theres no different scaling. The whole point of console version is you get the ā€œOut of the boxā€ optimized experience, which means the devs optimize your settings for you. You donā€™t need a separate code base to enable customizability on PC, esp since this engine was launched on PC platform to begin with, so the scaling is already there. You donā€™t need a different code base to hide/lock out the sliders if running on Xbox.

I really do believe this SU5 and reduction in PC quality is just poor planning on Asoboā€™s part. From the things they listed I see no reason why a slider wonā€™t be possible.

Surely possible. But I think that they will extend sliders to the right end only as far as the Xbox can handle it.

This engine is PC first, not Xbox first. Now on a console port, I can see your point being valid, because of engine limitations, Iā€™m fairly confident this wonā€™t be the case, because this is a PC first title, and engine already proved itself that it can handle more.

2 Likes

Look at that, Cheshire Catā€™s coming inā€¦ naaaaice!

Itā€™s obvious they will have to bring out an extreme mode just for high end PCā€™s or at least make more quality settings available in the cfg. We are hardly into day two since a huge upgrade and there are broken things that need fixing before they can get back to work on the next upgrade.

DX12 is coming!!!

1 Like

Really @GhostlyFrend , thatā€™s a bit much of a reaction. You are aware this is a game, entertainment and not some life or death safety feature of a car. Obviously your choice, however speak for yourself and please do not pant everyone else with the same brush. Personally I feel it is a very good update, especially with the improved performance.
I am sorry your joystick is not working, and yes you should seek advice on how to fix it. Hopefully a fix will been out soon.

4 Likes

Apropos DX12. At the moment they must service 2 different code bases. One with DX11 and one with DX12. The differences are not trivial.

2 Likes

Are you talking to me? Your reaction seems to point to another avatar.

Iā€™m one of those unstoppable positivists that makes other people sick with my great fondness of this sim.

2 Likes

Wrong, a lot of us tried absolutely everything we could to try and stop the issues. Took every single possible step to stop CTD and other problems. Just because itā€™s not happening to you doesnā€™t mean we are incompetent people. Trust me people with a ton of IT experience couldnā€™t fix the issues on their own saying something is going on with the sim itself.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a good number. Iā€™ll go with that. Thatā€™s in game, the store download will be another 1.4 g

Could have said 42 but that one was too easy. Hence division by two to conceal it.

1 Like

0 mention of the screwed up controllers when using right click camera freeview in the cockpit ā€¦ :sob:

Hence the patch. Iā€™m not saying that youā€™re not partially right.

2 Likes

I bet this patch is to fix any CTD problems they have been able to figure out the cause of. Iā€™ll be surprised if it addresses much else.

1 Like

If by that you mean a few people on this forum then ok.

1 Like

Read the patch notes thereā€™s moreā€¦