šŸ©¹ The patch everyone was waiting for (Jul 30) has been released! (topic emotion grade: lively, but still civil)

If I had to guess. The update will include 3 things only.

1. The Barometer fix
  2. Change lighting back
  3. USB crashes.

Thereā€™s more in the patch notesā€¦

1 Like

Luckily they did it in two days. Not enough time to add more bugs!

Stability/performance
  • Fixed various crashes in game and on the world map
  • Fixed crashes related to the offline AI traffic
  • Fixed minor memory leaks
Input
  • The title should no longer freeze for a very long time when connecting / disconnecting peripherals
Navigation
  • Fixed broken flight plan for Garmin devices when adding an enroute waypoint that was inserted as a destination
  • Fixed flightplanner not resetting when going from one activity to another
  • Fixed flightplan from flight assistant not displaying on certain planes when VFR map is open after the destination is set
  • Fixed freezes happening when using the flight assistant when setting a new destination
UI
  • VR options should no longer be duplicated in the Option menu
  • Marketplace ā€œGet and downloadā€ and ā€œDownloadā€ buttons will now function as expected on the Content Page
  • User unable to interact with UI elements with the in game cursor for free flight in some cases
Planes
  • Improvements of pitot static system to fix altimeter bugs, improve accuracy and correctly simulate temperature impact
  • Fixed AutoBrakes Button Behavior on the Airbus A320Neo
Activity / Gameplay
  • The correct runway is now taken into account for the Landing challenge at Nice
  • Pilots are now displayed in external view at the Isafjordur Landing challenge
  • Title will no longer become unresponsive after using Fuel Supply and using a fuel or payload as a numerical value via ATC Ground Services
  • Some achievements will no longer be awarded in error for certain landing scenarios
Weather
  • Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes
SDK
  • Added new airspace to nearest facility JS API
  • Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs

We are actively working on making this sim the best experience possible, and look forward to seeing videos, comments, and more from you about this release.

- The MSFS team

1 Like

You can borrow one of mineā€¦ to whom does it need to go? The post above you?

1 Like

But they should have announced the patch yesterday already. Would have prevented many unwanted (or wanted) statements.

1 Like

Thanks but I already ,just read it

No mention of a fix for the toolbar arrow no longer automatically hiding when moving your cursor away.

3 Likes

I agree.

In fact, next update, they should announce the patch before they announce the update.

7 Likes

:rofl: You finally made my day. Iā€™m off now, itā€™s 1.30 a.m. here at LOWI. Was a long day.
Cheers!

1 Like

Well of course this is no solution, but if you play the sim in a window, then that menu bar disappears when you move the mouse to the taskbar.

I donā€™t understand how they can put forth a ā€œpatchā€ in just a few days, that is purportedly going to fix things that they spent months breaking with SU5. If all of these things are really going to be fixed, they would have had to have these ā€œfixesā€ already in their pockets and ready to go. All the beta testing that was supposedly done would surely have exposed all these problems brought forth with SU5. To fix them in just 72 hours or so just doesnā€™t add up.

Iā€™m thinking theyā€™re just going to try and put a band-aid on a wound that needs open heart surgery. I hope Iā€™m wrong but Iā€™m not holding out much hope.

1 Like

I was thinking the same.

But it sounded a bit too ā€˜conspiracyā€™ to me, so I didnā€™t write it down. But I also wondered: two days for that list? Must have been a lot of ā€˜sillyā€™ bugs, that were easily fixed, or they were pushing the update, already knowing about these problemsā€¦

Iā€™m unable to see or work any ground services since I installed Tuesdayā€™s update. Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions would be most helpful.

I canā€™t either, I also have no ATC options or traffic at all.

Who said 2 days? How itā€™s works there is fixed date for release, the team never stop working after beta testing end and thing before in progress did not able to made it for that date. For instance, Asobo fix fast CTD when new appears, CTD show all at Microsoft event viewer server, without anyone submit CTD events.

Anyone else notice how trees are like shifting position as you fly near them and it makes the trees a bit far out look so grainy? I donā€™t know what this is about but Iā€™m hoping that itā€™s fixed soon.

They are in the middle of porting everything over to DirectX12U. I suspect also maybe some ā€˜optimisationsā€™ for the Xbox version got carried over to the PC by mistake - we already know of a LOD issue, maybe there are others.

I only set mine to medium, they still donā€™t look great but they do seem to morph less ā€¦ at least that was before the update.

Asobo admitted carrying forward an Xbox LOD change to PC which theyā€™ve reverted to the PC values in the hotfix. So this is already known (and to be fixed issue?).

1 Like