The Pentagon is tracking a suspected Chinese high-altitude surveillance balloon over the continental United States

Anyone Find this Balloon yet ? Let’s Find It!!! :slight_smile:

I have Traffic In Sight installed for all the US regions. I’m going to be very busy checking out balloons if I get involved…

1 Like

Is it unicorn-shaped? :wink:

@WombiiActual

5 Likes

1 Like

Maybe a witch? :rofl:

1 Like

It really is a crazy looking ‘balloon’
My gut when I first saw it was ISS

ISS passing in front of the moon?

It’s so obviously Chinese, just look at it, stands out a mile, it has that unmistakable China look!!! How could anyone possibly think otherwise? Even has “Made in China” stamped on it :rofl:

PS. Don’t tell anyone it might be Russian, North Korean, or Richard Branson :wink:

Just like every other consumer product in the world. :stuck_out_tongue:

Moved to #gd-interests:real-life-aviation

I have just had the motherboard on my old Alienware laptop replaced by Dell. I was looking over the removed board and noticed that it was stamped with “Made in China”. How American is that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wonder if there is any way to capture it intact? 60,000 might make that challenging though. Maybe punch a small hole it in so it slowly loses altitude.

It would be nice to reverse engineer one of their devices for a change.

1 Like

They could. The CIA / Navy have used the The Fulton surface-to-air recovery system as far back as the 1960s. It shouldn’t been much harder to make it work for a balloon ? Maybe lol

1 Like

i’ll get this out of the way:

Oh this is totally [Insert conspiracy theory] they’re totally looking for [arbitrary thing picked out from circumstance]. But “they” don’t want you to know that adjusts tin foil hat

Seriously though it’s actually probably just swamp gas

2 Likes

RIP Balloon! :frowning:

4 Likes

When did the game forum become a news forum?

1 Like

Today it seems.

1 Like

It’s Aviation – Now all we need is a Captain Sim “Spy Balloon” –

If only there was already a suitable Balloon in MSFS to copy !!

The last forum reorganization created a new subcategory for real life aviation.

Although, this borderlines it.

As long as politics stay out of the topic, it’s OK.

1 Like

some of the memes that come out of this are on point.

1 Like