The sim has NEVER looked and performed so well

Im with you on that. I turned up to 200 and the world looks magnificent.

2 Likes

I only experienced 2 issues and both were caused by community folder addons.

4 Likes

See, that’s almost always the case. Let this inspire others with issues to delete these and try again. Thanks for your post!

Sometimes it’s a lot of trial and error and most don’t want to go through the time and pain. :slight_smile:

Definitely agree with the OP. I have been finally able to use Ultra settings and getting extremely good fps and overall smoothness. And some new features to try out and learn. Overall I’m enjoying it tremendously.

The 2 CTD that I got were due to my AI traffic add-ons and once I identified them it has been smooth flying all along. And I am sure the minor irritations like the mouse etc. would surely be fixed soon.

2 Likes

Draw distance with LOD200 in 1.18, is less then it was before patch 1.14.
It’s a fictitious number, 200 just says what the maximum is, but has nothing to do how far it is in terms of nm or ft. So if MS/Asobo decides to call it LOD400 tomorrow with a hot fix they could but it could actually mean that it is half of what it was before. Every xbox/midrange hw gamer would run around frantically saying „the sim never looked better and ran better, while in reality, and yes you can optimise game code, but in this case there were lots of cutbacks, graphic und feature wise on every corner, to make it appear the sim magically runs with up to double the frame rate.

As @Donws1957 said

There are definitely bugs that appear for some and not to others because of different hw and drivers, but the list i provided are things that are in the engine that are rendered and shown, it might come down to specific locations but unless you go there and look at it one could claim they are not there.
I could sit my old mother in front of the pc and show her, she could be baffled by this great looking game but unless you’re trying to fly and use it as a sim, have comparison of what it once looked like or fly proper VFR or even IFR by the books you’re screwed. Because for the most part it’s not even possible unless you’re using mods, hence Salty/FBW exists.

If you want a in-depth explanation of what is wrong and maybe right with this sim, here in this forum, ask @CptLucky8, one of the few with the knowledge to even tackle issues properly. Since devs or even mods are little of help if they even show up at all. Yes some times they show up in some havy moderated cherry picked Q&A, claiming all sorts of things that sadly has sometimes very little to do with actual problems in this piece of software. So it’s more of just a marketing speak.

6 Likes

I put a long post in another thread but in short I agree an amazing update :+1:

4 Likes

Skimming the rooftops of London 45fps at LOD 200 with only a GT1030 just feels so wrong

2 Likes

How did you get this picture???

Here is what I see 3440x1440, bora bora discovery flight, 11900k/3090/32GB all ultra, not challenging this rig:

Why are my resorts submarine and yours not?

Something about overexposure. Have a look at this:

First image is made in gta style kiddies perspective:

This is exactly the same point and view, just switched to the imho slightly more realistic (we are playing an simulator!!!) cockpit view:

Do you notice how drastically the image changed? The blue of the sky is almost gone as is any structure in the clouds. To make it even worse the exposure changes when you look a little more up in the sky.

Look a little closer:

then looking up a few degrees:

Looking for answers :grinning:

I could not agree more. Being into flightsimming for 30 years NO sim has EVER looked and performed so well. The fps are amazing, there is zero stutters and everything looks so beautiful. What Asobo / MS achieved here is nothing short of amazing. Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Most issues come from mods / third party content. Even my home airport scenery which never caused issues before now crashes the sim. So we need to wait patiently for the creators to update their content. But that is not Asobo / MS fault The clean sim is stable.

3 Likes

The sim does not cause any blue screens for millions of users. So if you are getting a bluescreen you need to have your PC checked as clearly there are are some issue with it.

3 Likes

Not that it’s relevant here, but to get an overclocker to admit their rig is not quite as stable as they thought is like talking to the moon.

3 Likes

Some might find it arrogant to lump all overclockers together. But obviously some are so experienced and sure that they dare to do it. Respect!

2 Likes

Lol - experience is everything but sometimes there’s luck too … My CL14 PC-3200 ram just loves CL16 @ 4000 and I didn’t have to do anything except select a “try it” profile on my mainboard. I’ve never even seen it get above 41°C although that might change once I can pair my 3800X with a decent graphics card.

Well the problem is more on the side of a overclocked system running perfectly fine with every single piece of software except FS2020?
(Btw my system is „overclocked“ by Ryzn9 doing it’s thing with the boostclock) haven’t had a single ctd since 1.16

The resorts were added by Bijan in the Four Seasons mod. Highly recommend it and has already been updated for SU5.

2 Likes

That certainly happens especially with ram, mine ran eveything else but MSFS at CL 14 3800

4 Likes

This kind of fanboy are the real cancers of the video game… So uncritical that he is able to say “NEVER performed so well” and in the same message “Yes, I am experiencing tons of crashes, mod compatibility issues applenty etc” Come on …

2 Likes