The USA looks worse than other countries? (Some Say it's Improved as of Saturday)

Glad to see a prominent flight simmer is calling out what we’ve been trying to say for a few weeks. The LOD, city terrain, photogrammetry in the US is much worse than other countries.

2 Likes

He’s comparing autogen in Tokyo (plus some handcrafted landmarks) with photogrammetry in New York. That’s apple vs oranges. Tokyo is NOT one of the photogrammetry areas.

They are fundamentally different things. If you want to, just turn PG off and you can have New York look clean and nice like Tokyo - just without all the true to life iconic buildings. PG is intended to be viewed from a few hundred feet in the air, not close up. There are many threads on this, for example:

5 Likes

You must not have watched entire video, clearly. He is showing LA, NYC and Chicago - all bad photogrammetry.

1 Like

To illustrate

New York - PG on:

Same scene, PG off:

Now the famous skyline

PG on:

PG off:

You choose which ever you prefer

3 Likes

I fully get how PG works. I guess I’m stressing that it’s broken and PG needs improving as it used to not look this bad, as an alpha tester, I know.

9 Likes

I watched the whole thing. You are missing the point. ALL photogrammetry looks like that up close. There is no “good” and “bad” photogrammetry. Tokyo, which is what he is comparing it with IS NOT a photogrammetry area and hence is the nice clean autogen.

Pick any PG area in the world and it looks like that close up.

5 Likes

OK - different point though. It’s not USA specific - it is all PG worldwide that looks like that. Your post is badly labelled and the guy doing the video has misrepresented this too.

Fully disagree.

What??? Show me better PG from another city across the world then

2 Likes

Random example - Bremen, Germany

2 Likes

And if you think it is broken, by the way, raise a zendesk rather than posting a vidoe and thread that you obviously know is garbage

1 Like

Who cares? I mean the MSFS world does not revolve around the USA and quite frankly, there’s better places to fly.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

I care. End of story.

1 Like

Yep, because you only matter when it comes to MSFS. You should be thankful the USA has the level of detail it does because other countries don’t have it.

1 Like

This isn’t detail… it’s degraded. I just want them to increase LOD and draw distance and fix the random PG bugs. Not really asking for much.

4 Likes

I agree- tons of places everywhere have this problem on my end, but it wasn’t this bad in the Alpha.

3 Likes

I was surprised the video review can’t make difference and do not understand of photogrammetry and augmented scenery autogen\hand modeling land mark\scenery, he is completely way off, he compared 2 different things. Augmented scenery autogen\hand modeling do not stream, it’s static offline with local texture\3d hand model like all others sim. Photogrammetery are from Bing streamed have melted close to ground the limitation of photogrammetry quality, will never be like usual local scenery\3d model quality, it’s limitation technologies. In the US have the most photogrammetry coverage from Bing, and the rest of the world is mostly local texture\3d hand model like all others sim. 95% of the sim do not use streaming from Bing, it’s local scenery\3d model generation, because Bing do not have any of these data available.

4 Likes

OK, but you did ask me by posting your thread - why else do it?

Have you seriously raised a bug report to say that the US PG is worse than the rest of the world? More power to you then.

Still waiting on your comparisons with random rest of world PG city and US PG city to prove it.

None of these relate to the video above or your thread title.