There is no downgrade in SU5

There is still hope…

1. DX12 overhaul (opportunity to make PC version great again)
  2. Asobo mentioned in an interview some time ago that there may be a “higher than Ultra Settings” in the future. Another opportunity to make the PC version great again.
2 Likes

DO NOT direct posts to others. Anyone doing this will receive a silence on your account without a warning. Keep posts focused on MSFS and not on each other.

5 Likes

Incorrect, it’s been proven time and time again and especially in VR.

10 Likes

Yes I remember them saying that…hopefully they go that route, and aren’t concerned about PC show up there Xbox in performance😜

1 Like

Exactly. Culling (needs more optimisation though) LOD’s in most models now, smaller textures loaded for the 2nd 3rd steps in LOD.

The problems is that the LOD slider only goes to 200 and that is far less then the default before SU5. Should be atleast 300-400 to get back to how it was. Was it on purpose, probably not, just builds overlapping eachother and missing graphics options:

Sharpen needs a option in settings as well as further LOD distance sliders, turn off Colorgrading, Eyeadaption.

The update was just too big and changes too much (again) hence we have lots of bugs (again)

1 Like

No, there is not xD I just provided comparison screenshots

I agree with all you just said, I am just saying there is no downgrade, there are still definitely small issues to be improved.

However, you are calling object culling a downgrade, which is nonsense, the problem is the names you are using for things.

LODs have not been downgraded, the maximum value has changed, you just have to select the new one.

There is a very basic difference there that one would hope the average adult would understand.

2 Likes

Then the developers must have made a special downgraded version just to get ME

I knew They were watching me, but in no known universe did I ever expect them to pull a stunt like this.

2 Likes

LOL, that’s not agreeing with what we said.

You must be running a low end system so can’t notice.

SU5 is full of bugs, crashes, most things are out of focus and every time you change your view, it redraws the same blurry stuff out of focus again.

So why after us spending thousands of dollars to upgrade our PCs just for flight Simulator, would we be happy with SU5 and praise MS and Asobo for releasing such a disastrous update?

2 Likes

In my case SU5 eliminated stuttering. I finally enjoy a smooth experience. Before SU5 no matter what settings I had, stuttering was always there. Now I can finally fly smoothly and this is for me more important than any graphic degradation. Actually I haven’t noticed any graphic degradation but maybe this is due to the fact that beforehand, stuttering didn’t let me concentrate on the graphics. Ok, I have seen some peculiar staff, like various sceneries suddenly popping out, but I can live with it as long as I don’t see any stuttering. It’s a simulator. A smooth experience is very important.

5 Likes

“No downgrade”

20 Likes

Not really, you are just having bad luck perhaps. If you at the least edit the useropt.cfg to lods 3.000000 or 4.000000 you’ll basicly get what it was before SU5. Except for bugs in the graphics settings and other bugs.

A smooth experience is very important. I agree with you. But keeping promises and not misleading your customers is also very important.

6 Likes

Still looks pretty good on ultra and 4k , but the anti aliasing is gone. and the sim is full of bugs.

1 Like

It’s funny how Asobo didn’t think we would notice? They even lied and said “no dumbing down of PC version for Xbox” prior to SU5.

BTW guys, make sure you open Zendesk with the issues you are seeing…

6 Likes

See this post above:

The pop up in this sim right now reminds of GTA 3 lol even when taxiing, Running on high/ultra with a RTX 3080

2 Likes

Funny, then the ts should redefine “downgrade” perhaps? If the exact same settings do not provide the same visual fidelity, it is what you call a downgrade. You can not deny it by saying in the same sentence that you have to modify the cfg to levels past the settings possible in the menue to get the same results, that is utterly contradictionary. I agree that things like culling etc. can not be specifically called “downgrade”, but draw distance for sure. Clouds do also look way less detailed, you did not even touch this aspect.

2 Likes

I dont know why but this topic title makes me think of this

Since its pretty obvious there is atleast a bug or downgrade causing low res ground textures and highly aggresive popin

1 Like

Not going to waste my time on this thread but.Where is that mute button!

1 Like