There is no downgrade in SU5

Agree with OP. There is no downgrade in visuals. Pro tip: just go fly the sim, and enjoy it. Stop putting it under a microscope. You’ll be a happier person for it. :laughing:

5 Likes

Its very simple brotha’, they said they wanted to leave and go back to whatever sim. I guess they look better. They never have any other complains, so its gotta be the inferior graphics. (Chuckle)

1 Like

I had a great looking a functioning sim before last tuesday. Since then, It looks like ■■■■. Sorry, but it does. I haven’t flown in almost a week. I flew everyday since launch day until this update. Now I have no motivation to look at a half-assd sim that used to look great. Again. Sorry. They need to fix this.

10 Likes

Well, I hope one day, the sim lives up to your expectations. I’m pulling for you.

1 Like

The PAPIs at a distance are so out of focus that is is very hard to tell what color they are.

For those that may not know what a PAPI or VASI is, they are lights close to the threshold that from a distance, when doing a VFR approach, tell you if you are to high or too low.

You want to be at an altitude where you see two white and two red lights meaning you are at the right height at the distance you are from the runway.

All white, you are too high, all red you are too low. Three white or red lights mean you are a little too high or too low.

Well, with this out of focus problem at a distance with SU5, the PAPIs/VASIs are sometime very hard to interpret.

PAPI are newer than VASI and more precise, but they are both for the same purpose, to tell you if you are too high or too low on your approach for landing.

7 Likes

The screenshot is a very good example of what looks like a downgrade, and yes it is real. I am not having major issues on my end, however I really think this is a bug in the graphics settings. High and Ultra settings don’t seem to work properly. A lot of users have reported this. I am sure this is currently being looked at along with an LOD slider and data streaming. Its not the end of the world, hopefully only very temporary.

1 Like

For me the MSFS 2020 is after the last ugly Xbox patch broken. In words: broken!

I flew over my hometown (northern Germany) very low and slow an looked down to a bigger city road.
Close to the lanes on each side I saw a cycle path painted in red in the exact way like in real!!!
After the update, the streets looks very different - AND UGLY!!! -, and there is no cycle path anymore.
The buildings are change, there are now wrong ones.

Most of the time i do a visual fly for watching the environmet.
For me it isnt possible to enjoy my flights, because the world inside MSFS 2020 is broken!!!

I dont play this game anymore.

5 Likes

Dude give them time…I know how your feeling but i have great trust in the devs they will fix this for us PC simmers, I hope… Between now and then as i fly jetlinners im grounded

2 Likes

I don’t play anymore either, and I want to badly. But its inferior compared to a week ago. Once they address these graphical issues (and third parties can update their planes for SU5) I’ll come back. But until then, no more money is going to be spent on addons and no more time will be spent in a sim world that is a shell of its former self.

8 Likes

I am the same, i fly Airliners mostly, also bought addons etc to further enhance the experiance… then they ruin the fantastic graphics we had, that put this sim above all others. now airliners are a waste of time.

4 Likes

There is no downgrade. And the earth is flat.

2 Likes

So there are a few elements of downgraded graphics I’ve noticed - reduced LOD detail, texture quality at altitude, over exposure of ground textures, shimmering surface detail, poor water reflections - I can see why folks are complaining.

I called it a few months ago, if SU 5 doesn’t look at least as good as the current PC version when the Xbox is released their will be uproar - Asobo knew this but decided to make the changes anyway because they were all-in on the Xbox release.

However… the sim is still incredibly beautiful and the performance gains across the board give users a much more accessible sim hardware wise but honestly compromsing PC graphical quality is a slap in the face for PC users who have systems which far exceed the capabilities of the Xbox X|S.

6 Likes

I think it is the Bing servers that are not able to feed the data fast enough to Asobo that is the problem.

1 Like

Yeah iv spent way over £300 on airports in the in sim marketplace as well at the Orbix store but how things are right now. To say the least it does not work…Alt bug/Temps all wong…ATC tell you to desend then climb before ya finale approach/ pop ups all over the place…

3 Likes

Threads like this just don’t do a single thing of anything good. You don’t see it? Good. Thousands do.

2 Likes

No chance. There was literally no issue with pop-in or LOD pre-sim update 5. This has nothing to do with server load and everything to do with Asobo re-writing the code, by downgrading LOD, draw distance, etc to ensure that the sim could fit on Xbox specifically with Xbox’s limited RAM. The PC version is now limited to Xbox hardware (VRAM and RAM bottleneck).

A slap in the face to PC owners, and not a server issue.

12 Likes

They do a load of good as long as we all stay respectable to each other and act like adults.

2 Likes

I agree with this :slight_smile:

We didn’t have thousands of console users polling the same map data before SU5 either.

Aye keep telling yourself that. i have been around long enough to recognise when graphics are degraded

3 Likes