There is no downgrade in SU5

uhhhhhhhh…ok. My brain feels like it just applied SU5

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. The pop-in is a coding change and that’s a fact confirmed by Asobo in a recent interview.

1 Like

What about the fact that light shafts and volumetric lighting has completely disappeared from the settings file and flying a plane through clouds at night no longer has any lighting effect on the clouds? Is that not a downgrade either?

8 Likes

I can fly on FL360 and have bad LOD, and then 1 minute later the quality goes up one level. Easily seen on the AA on the roads.

And the AA also got a heck of a lot worse, especially in VR, where it is practically non existent with jagged edges everywhere and extreme shimmering

3 Likes

Yes, but this will be a slider adjustment at some point… after all of the issues, I’m sure it will be sooner then later. This is software, easily fixed or adjusted.

Link to that? As in there last Q&A the PC side of it would not suffer

My point is to claim that there is no downgrade because someone post 4 pics but then there’s 5,000 posts showing the opposite just create more drama than necessary. Clearly there’s issues and Asobo is working through them. We (all) need to be a bit patient.

4 Likes

white knights? why don’t you take a chill pill dude. More important things in life than making fun of others. To me, there might truly be a resolution downgrade but in areas that aren’t as important. I think they actually made the graphics look better on buildings/objects. Colors pop a bit more, and the performance now is fantastic. Not to mention before the terrible contrast, as things looked simply too dark. That was improved IMHO. They will probably optimize further and make the terrain look better in the future.

2 Likes

I know. I’m making fun of those who claim there is no downgrade.

Just fly over Paris and be amazed at what no longer fits in the memory xD

2 Likes

I am glad for PC users who can finally fly without stuttering. On the other hand having built a PC with an 3950x, rtx 3090 nvida, 64 gb ram I see how this rig tries to push the simulator to the limits like before last tuesday… but there is no real ram nor vram usage… it feels like a bad joke. My system uses now the hardware with the same limitation as if I would run this simulation on xbox. I have on this rig massive popping up incidents. I see the texture on the pilots popping up in front of me after switching from inside the cockpit to the exterior. When I switch back I see the changing textures of the engine hood on the cessna 172 from black to the respective reflection of the clouds on this eingine hood which was before pure black.
I am sorry to write this but I feel extremely frustrated at the moment.

4 Likes

Simply this. It is an undeniable, undisputable fact. End of.

6 Likes

Another post i agree with right here

Enough power left to fly with XP in a parallel task. xD

Ill check it out thank you

What a ridiculous thread. The downgrades are very, very real. Ive been playing since launch, and you think im imagining things because i read somewhere that there are downgrades and just ran with it?

Its actually kind of insulting. Just cos you cant see it doesn’t mean everyone else is blind too…

10 Likes

Interesting topic.
When exactly comparing the screenshots there are indeed graphics downgrades but not visible on the first sight and not when flying over nature like I mostly do and not in the close range.
But primarely related to everything medium- and high range render distance details, and longer distant scenery.
And trying to add performance issues with LOD pop-ins and harsh culling and significantly lowered textures on skyscrapers, and modifying cloud transparency cloud self-shadowing and cloud bit-depth.

Hmmm… well… I am sure this downgrade can easily be patched for PC with an “high quality texture set download” like many games have (like Gears 5 or Fallout 4 and many other games) and oncoming DirectX12 and RayTracing features - but ONLY if the developers overcome this “one and the same product for everyone based on the weakest hardware-system” policy and make the PC and the Series X version truly shine :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah so this is their magical ram and cpu optimization? my god even a 5 year old could tweak settings like this and call it a day!

1 Like