This is the 225/03 wind thread

Figured lol :frowning:. P3D and Xplane it is for online flying then. Still haha

I can’t even go back…RUINED!!! I’VE BEEN RUINED AHHHHHHHH!

Ik im ruined too. I dont enjoy them as much, debating which one uninstall to make hard drive space. I finally fired up P3D yesterday for the first time since Fs2020 came out.

While it looks visually like ■■■■ compared to 2020, theres something comforting about PMDG with Active Sky. Cant wait til the serious addons start dropping for this sim. As pretty as Fs2020 is right now, it doesn’t entertain the complete geek side of my brain just yet haha

1 Like

I know …I see your point, but then I do that and its all slow and stuttery …Ruined :grin: My tolerance level has been changed forever.

1 Like

I eagerly await the day we get real weather, and planes so complex they come with hundreds of pages of manuals :sob:. Hell I think I can technically hook up my FSLabs to my printer for the ACARS printouts :joy:. (Havent gone that far lol)

One day my friend, one day.

2 Likes

Heres to what lies ahead!!! :beers:

2 Likes

Hopefully with all the up voting, live weather and wind issues get resolved soon.

2 Likes

Yeah hopefully. And if they don’t straighten it out ill throw money at the first third party dev who does

2 Likes

Yeah, the state of live weather now and in the past makes we swear…A LOT! Had very high expectations on this feature.

1 Like

Lol I know the feeling. Ive said it before, its truly the only bad surprise once in the sim.

They were quite open about the simplicity of default aircraft, and how the scenery engine is a work in progress since its so ambitious.

During “beta” all the “youtubers” made it pretty obvious what the pros and cons were.

No mention of live weather not being as advertised. Even more annoying is according to someone from meteoblue who I spoke to, Asobo has told them they “fixed” the weather bug and will come out in a patch. Why not this one? If its fixed its fixed no?

3 Likes

I made a comment similar in the patch thread!! :slight_smile: glad im not the only one that thinks this.

1 Like

Friggen youtubers :man_facepalming: Lol.

I even remember watching a prerelease stream of some guy who was all gung ho. Then he realized Live Weather wasnt working. “Oh thats weird…its a beta they must be updating the servers!!!”

If i remember correctly it was a british guy, and while i dont remember the exact video or channel, Id be willing to bet money it was his first flight he was doing outside of…Europe haha!

1 Like

It’s now on their Known Issues list. However, they’re saying that the weather “isn’t updating”… :thinking: The injection already fails most of the time IMO :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

This is concerning! Hopefully that is what they’ve identified the root cause to be, and it indeed being fixed.

Just added another test at the bottom of this thread, still issues, even in the UK.

Yeah that is sort of what Im worried about. I really hope they actually address the communities actual concerns, and not simply what they think were saying

1 Like

Exactly.

Tonight I tried a flight in the vicinity of Philadelphia, the live weather was almost spot on—29 C, clouds and pressure also where they were expected to be according to the local METAR. Windsock showed almost no wind, which checked out as well.

Never seen the weather that close to the real world conditions in the US ever before. However, haven’t had the time to check in other places, except for Miami—it seemed to be quite far away from reality there, though.

Ever hear the expression even a stopped clock is right twice a day? Would you be willing to humour me for a minute or two? Go to Philly start at the airport in the tbm or another airframe with wind indication…observe it on the ground and do a quick little circuit. What did you observe with the wind direction and velocity?

1 Like

Bumping - raging thunderstorm outside my window - winds are 254/3 244/3 /225/3 - METAR is saying 22015G21KT this is post patch. what a joke.

2 Likes

I don’t think this patch was ever intended to fix the live weather issues.

The weather issues were only listed as a known issue after the patch was released.

My guess would be the fix will be in next patch, if they can track down what’s causing the issues and resolve it.

2 Likes