Throttle/Flaps/Mixture/Speedbrake/etc axis at 50% when exiting menu WU IV (1.15.7.0)

I’m having the same issue. Was on stabilized approach into Ocean Shores in the JustFlight Arrow III and went into the menu to change my gear-down binding. As soon as I saved and returned to the sim, my throttle, prop, and mixture all defaulted to 50% and my flaps went from 25° to full. So much for a stabilized approach :angry:

Every. Single. Update.
Good lord.
Do these folks do ANY regression testing at ALL?!?

I’m using the Logitech yoke/throttle quadrant system and thrustmaster rudder pedals.

Specs:
Proc: Intel i9 9900K (4.9GHz OC)
RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
GPU: MSI RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6
Hard drive: 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

3 Likes

I’m wondering if this has anything to do with the number of mapped axes. I have 8 axes mapped: (throttle, propeller, mixture, pitch, roll, rudder, toe brake left, toe brake right) and i don’t seem to be experiencing this issue. Do the people affected by this have more than 8 axes mapped? Do you have a flap and/or trim axis mapped?

1 Like

I have either 9 or 11 axes mapped, and do encounter the bug:

Honeycomb Alpha:

• pitch
  • roll

either Honeycomb Bravo GA:

• throttle 1
  • throttle 2
  • prop 1
  • prop 2
  • mixture 1
  • mixture 2

or Honeycomb Bravo commercial twin jet:

• spoiler
  • throttle 1
  • throttle 2
  • flaps

Logitech rudder pedals:

• yaw
  • toe brake L
  • toe brake R

Steam version, and will also happened when I ATL TAB to look at youtube or Littlenav Map

Also, I never experienced it before, might be because of the 10 degrees bug fix

1 Like

I’m using an CH Products Flight Sim Yoke and Pedals (the original not Eclipse), so only have the 8 axis. Started having the Esc key problem with WU4. Don’t have the problem if using Default settings for the Yoke but then have no control as there are no Preprogrammed settings for my yoke and had to program everything myself.

Should note That Yoke still works fine. Only issue is when Pausing sim with Esc key then returning to game with Esc key.

Take a chill pill. It’s not the end of the world, and it will get fixed in short order. In the meantime, just be aware of it and act accordingly. It happened to me to, I just have to make sure to remember to adjust my flaps and throttle immediately after unpausing. As long as I remember not to pause on short final (which I wouldn’t do anyway), it’s NBD.

@CristiNeagu, I have 6 (T1, T2, spoilers, flaps, Joystick X, and Joystick Y), and experience the problem on both throttles and flaps. Adjusting the physical controls fixes it. But since it’s so new, I sometimes forget to be prepared, but NBD. I expect they’ll have it fixed before I get completely used to it, which is a good thing.

1 Like

So it doesn’t look like it’s tied to the number of axes… oh well, i tried :pensive:

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting. No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue: Pushing esc key causes above problem upon re-entering the cockpit.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Fly, push esc, return to the cockpit.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile) i7-9700 GeForce 2070 RTX-S

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: [1.15.7.0 and World Update IV]

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version? Microsoft

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? Not yet.

1 Like

MS Store version and also having the same issues. after returning to my aircraft after the pause menu its putting my throttles to 50% regardless if im sitting on the ground parked or mid-flight

1 Like

Hmm, I tested yesterday and couldn’t reproduce it. Using the Logitech/Saitek yoke, throttle and rudder pedals.

Reckon I just have the throttle mapped on the throttle quadrant of the axis, as I tend to mostly fly the TBM and don’t need mixture etc.

The same probleme here using the H135
steam version
Thrustmaster T.Flight Full Kit

Interesting that not all users have this problem. I’m using a virtualFly TQ-6 and Saitek Rudder pedals. After pressed ESC and going back also the brakes apply a little bit. If I unplug both, this problem doesn’t occur.

Now I’m using FSUIPC 7.0.9 for the rudder pedals and the TQ-6 and all is working ok.

This problem might be related to this?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/spoiler-full-and-flap-15-active-after-esc-to-main-menu/391932/11?u=pzl104

1 Like

Quite the same issue here. I have stick and throttle airbus thrustmaster pack. When I press esc for a pause or for saving a flight and then go back to the flight the throttle are in idle position, the speed brake is activated and flaps are at 15° with a320 fbw and default one.
Another issue is related to throttle. Before the update to get the idle position throttles were ain middle position, now i must push them to 90% and more to get it. Now it’s very hard to find the right position between idle flx and toga

1 Like

No mention of this issue in the hotfix… Really hope they will fix it as well.

2 Likes

I see the issue with my throttles on the ground moving to the climb detent from idle on the fbw a320.
Luckly, in the air, the throttles at mid point is the climb setting so this does not have an effect on the FBW A320.
Might be a good time to check out this bird if you haven’t already.

Same issue since last update with the Warthog and MFG pedals. Tested in tne unmoded default Xcub and the Milviz Corsair.

Several other cases at Avsim.

So, Hotfix is here but this has not been resolved.

1 Like

You did download the 1Gb update from the MS Store, right?