Thrustmaster TCA quadrant still not completely working

The same for me, any solution.?

2 Likes

I’m gobba take a look it tomorrow

Can you break the fix a bit better as its really confusing. I’m gonna take a tip from a other gentleman in adjustments in the settings then if thay doesn’t work ill try it your way.
Can you make the steps for fixing it step by step so we can all see what we need to do. So basically can you write it down clearly step by step with pictures hopefully so everyone will know exactly what we all have to do. Thanks

Thank you for your configuration. Copied it and I am quiet satisfied!
One question though: When my throttle levers of my quadrant are in the CLB position, I only have 80.4%. I have to push the levers a little bit more forward to get your 89%. Do I have to enter a lower DetentClimb value to compensate this?

Perfectly working for me now using this setting:

1 Like

Thank you thank you thank you, you save my christmas night. Y settings is perfect for me. Happy christmas.

1 Like

Hi Neo, I dont find the Work Folder in packages/community for throttleconfiguration ini

Where is iit plz

It’s not in Packages\Community… It’s in Packages\a32nx. You have to go one level outside of the Community folder. Inside of Packages\a32nx, there’s the Work folder inside it.

You can only get this folder to appear when you download and install the Custom FBW version, not the Development version. And you start a flight on the A32NX mod at least once, to get this folder to appear.

This is mine on the Steam version.

Thank a lot
Merry christmas !

Ok I’m not on steam… So that the way!!!
I gonna looking for !!!

Good evening Sir Neo4316
Thank you, I followed the progress of your installation, it’s much better than before, should I calibrate my quadrant like in the video youtube " How to calibrate your TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition"
Thank you for your answer

I take this opportunity to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, you have to calibrate your quadrant according to the video.

However, there’s a step missing in that video. So instead of stopping at pressing the side buttons at the IDLE detent last, you have to add another step where you unlock the latch and move your throttle to full reverse, and press the red buttons again. This is to ensure all detents are properly calibrated. Then continue with the rest of the process.

TM forgot to add that last part in, which caused other issues. You calibrate this properly with that additional step I mentioned above, and your throttle would not only engage properly, but they would also be properly aligned with each other.

1 Like

thank you i will try

This post helped me setting mine up a lot today! Thank you!

Question - where did you get the 1.61 firmware? When I click check for updates it says I’m on the latest with the 1.56. I also did a full reinstall using the download on the TM website.

Only issue I’m having is the throttles don’t read idle at the idle detent. I’ve adjusted the throttle config ini file to compensate for it but it would be good to get the full range of motion.

You install from here: Thrustmaster - Technical support website
It’s under Drivers. Install the Drivers - Package 2020_TFHT_5 + Firmware

Once you do, Open your start menu, and look for Thrustmaster TM Flight Series → Firmware Update and run it. Once it’s open, select your hardware, and select the firmware, and you can update the firmware.

The Check for updates from the control panel doesn’t seem to work. So it’s pretty useless. You have to use the separate Firmware update app to do it. Once you do, continue with the factory recalibration proocess after it’s updated to firmware 1.61

Nah, as long as you’re updated to firmware 1.61 and do a proper full calibration (note that the official thrustmaster guide to do factory calibration is missing a step at the end. Once you reach the part where you press the two red buttons on IDLE detents, you have to lift the latch and move the throttle to full reverse and press the side buttons there as well. Then you can continue with saving the calibration settings by pressing the two black buttons and continue with the next process.

Then use my original throttle config ini that I posted in that other thread. That should get things working for you.

1 Like

Hi all, I got my TCA Quadrant yesterday as a Christmas present and I’m frustrated. I spent about an hour or more reading this forum. I have as many others the issue that on Idle position it is on full reverse trust and only get to idle between the “supposed to be idle” and first notch. I’ve updated the firmware and did the factory calibration, including the steps of pressing the buttons in idle and doing the buttons after lifting the reverse thrust mechanism.

I haven’t installed the A320NX.

So, do we have to conclude that…

The TCA doesn’t work currently properly without:

• having to install A320NX (which requires then to manually edit the ini file)
  • Firmware 1.6
  • Factory calibration done including idle and reverse position (not like video and instructions from Thrustmaster provided)
  • manually setting the sensitivity in FS2020
  • Drivers - Package 2020_TFHT_5 + Firmware

Anything else I’m missing?

As I said, I did all the above except A320NX… is that the only part that’s missing to get this working?
Just because I have the same issue with the Boeings… :frowning:

Any help appreciated…

You need the customer fly by wire Airbus to change the throttle.ini
Not the stable and not the developer edition
Only with the ini you got the right distance between the different modi.

User neo posted at 310 a perfect instruction.

Is it necessary to delete all files in the “work” folder and re-renter the values in the ThrottleConfiguration.ini file with every new A23NX-master-cfbw version or just update the files in the “community” folder?