Thrustmaster TCA quadrant still not completely working

Landing gear is working by the default binding… It’s been fixed since months ago.

With A320 yes, not other small aircrafts.

Really? I did a Paris low and slow flyby using the TBM 930 and the landing gear is working fine. And I’m using the exact same profile as my A320.

1 Like

You were right, I recreated the profile to default and it’s working. Weird because I double checked everything was same.

Any body has recommendation for a safe interval of Start and End Value (high and low) for each lever?

I calibrated with FBW FlyPad, and got TO, FLEX, CLB, IDLE, REVS, but somehow not so satisfy: e.g when my throttle at iddle, a slight touch also gives aircraft so powerful thrust more than expect.

And maybe it is the reason I get LVR CLB flashes all time during flights when I set throttle to CLB (A/THR). How can I fix it? (I installed the exper. verison A32NX)

Did you complete the hardware calibration? https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/TCA_Quadrant/TCA_Quadrant-Throttle_Calibration.pdf
Note you should also move the levers to “5” and press the two red buttons on the side of the levers to ensure it’s calibrated fully.

Yes, I did, and after both calibrations (manufacturer and FBW), I checked my TCA quadrant and it fit all functions as A320 throttle levers (even at Iddle Reverse).

I believe the high and low values play crucial role here. After take off with MAN TOGA, when LVR CLB flash , I set my throttle to CLB, but it still flashes. I have checked with my XBox Controller and don’t have problem with LVR CLB flash when throttle was set to CLB.

Okay. Yes it will be that your Start and End values are too close together around the Climb detent. Widen the range until it works.

I know it might look and sound like the levers in the game are in the climb detent, but it may not register to the sim.

Had this problem myself.

1 Like

Try these steps:

1 Like

Is anyone else seeing visual double-flipping of the engine switches 1 and 2 as well as the Parking Break (on TCA add-on) when switching either of those to ON? I’m running experimental FBW rev. f52894b, but can’t tell if the same issue existed in the previous version as I just got the kit last week.

Also, posted in another thread about Throttles and Flaps getting reset to middle position when pausing and resuming.

Yep, go back to default bindings and remap everything. Gear up and down should both say button 21. You cannot just set those yourself and have it work. Not sure what they did to get it to work like that.

1 Like

Oops, didn’t realize you already figured this out. They did something weird to get it to work.

That is due to a bug with msfs 2020 and active pause, just map the esc key to pause :wink:

1 Like

Esc has been mapped to Pause all along, but I went ahead and cleared/re-mapped it just in case, - no effect.
Based on my investigation as described in the other thread, this double-flipping/tripping of the switches and the sudden reset of control positions on Resume are connected, and are both related to another controller(s) being plugged in. I have the Honeycomb Alpha yoke and Saitek/Logitech rudder pedals, - having either one of those plugged causes this behavior with TCA. Neither of them has any mappings to flaps, engine switches, or throttles. And yet, the model is acting up as if there were.

It happens with ESC to pause menu. Every time you enter the menu, no matter what key is assigned, it will drop half flaps and speedbrake or reduce throttle to 0.

Nonsence! :joy:

I’m experiencing the same issue with esc key and Thrustmaster flap/speed brake add on. Is Asobo aware of the issue?

Do you have the addon attached? What’s your keybindings? I’ve also done ESC button recently and my flaps and spoilers are fine after continuing my flight. Do you also have other controllers or device hardware attached?

I have the Thrustmaster TCA throttle and stick. I also have the add on for flaps & speedbreak. I don’t have any other devises plugged in except mouse and keyboard. I tried it with Fly by Wire’s experimental version as well as Asobo’s A320neo. It happens on both planes.

Okay, in that case make sure your keyboard is not bound to the default profile. If you don’t use the keyboard for anything, set it to a blank profile with only the ESC button bound. Everything else should be empty.

Then check your cable connection for the addons, make sure they’re secured. And that you’ve already done the calibration process for both the throttles and the addons together.

What about your quadrant and addon bindings? This is my bindings and I don’t get the issue.