Time for and old fellow to find another hobby

Thank you sir. Will give it a lool :pray:

Edit : I remember having this pb with second update last year :)… But I don’t think it’s the same thing. Will try it anyway :wink:

LOL LOL LOL :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

I mean, this will 100% be flagged by a moral keeper as well as this but you got a point :rofl:

1 Like

Looking at the number of new posts per minute, i think the mod’s have other things to do :wink:

Just wanted to flag your post as “the solution” :rofl: because maybe that’s the solution.
Laughing is a good cure for many things and maybe laughing about all these problems is the one and only true solution afterall :slight_smile:

1 Like

you did see what i was replying to, right? lol

I’m 39, flying since fs 2. Community folder is always the culprit for me. Would be nice if they did something like American truck sim where it tells you which mods are not compatible that you have. I knew my trees mod would be an issue, I got stuck loading a flight, removed it and updated it and it was back up to running.

Sure ^^
………

Having 10-15 countries took ~4TB for me and it still looked worse than MSFS. I’m not going back to that ■■■■ again. You’re probably using zl14 or something which looks terrible.

Just stating the truth.

16 and 17 - which looks awesome.

So any other thoughts here? You seem to be very knowledgeable about my network.

You’ve got to see that SU5 has added so many bugs, CTDs, lower visual fidelity — I totally get it. Wishing him the best of luck in future.

1 Like

I fully agree with you.
For my part, I have had no major problems.
Graphics improved a lot.

I’ve also handed in my Wings. I just did a full uninstall of all applications relating to MFS and the Xvd drivers everything. Sim Downgrade 5 was the nail in the coffin. It broke everything and introduced ctd and soft locks and my performance was 10-20% lower with more render passes per frame. My controls no longer work at all either and the new UI elements are just horrendous. The end result was an entirely different sim that ran and behaved entirely different then my “Flawless” build before that.

Simply put this was the worst update I’ve seen in the gaming industry in probably 30 years for me. It reminded me why I left Flight Sim in the first place decades ago. After watching this sim degrade with every upgrade I can’t do it no more.

3 Likes

I agree, I think they ‘screwed the pooch’ on this one for the sake of console compatibility. Kind of reminds me of the Windows 8 debacle. I’m out for a while, I’m sure it’ll take them a few months because I’m confident they’ll put their time in the Xbox playability before they get to their hardcore pc gamer platform that got the game the recognition that it has to date. IMHO the game was a BETA when it was first released and now we’re back to BETA again. It’s just too aggravating to play it right now.

1 Like

Well you could say the same about the fidelity of flight in MSFS. Your analogy has a flipside. to me and many others MSFS is like dating really hot woman or guy but who has zero personality or substance. Yeah looks amazing but that’s where its ends. There is only you so long you can dine out on looks. So while you maybe happy flying around looking at the scenery etc, I am more interested in flying the plane, and it working as it should, I am not missing anything…

Even when PMDG release their 737, Fenix Sim A320 great, but its nothing new to me, its just coming in a nicer looking package… which isn’t the be all and end all to a lot of people. Toliss, FSLabs, Flight Factor all do the same…I will buying the same plane twice just to play it in an inferior sim if it is still in this state. I dont know what other sims you use, but are you telling me you are happy to fly around in half baked Airliners just because it looks better? So why bother with a sim at all… Its meant to simulate flight, not scenery watching? I dont know, but there is 2 sides to every argument.

Again you are putting looks before anything else, so if that’s all you care about then great. MSFS at the moment just does not have enough to make a lot of people go to it exclusively.

Simmer since 1986 checking in. Thankfully I’ve been too busy with work this week to download or update anything. Think I’ll continue to watch developments from my safe harbor and wait for the seas to calm down a bit. Good opportunity to play some chess. Grateful to all you pioneers - be careful out there!

1 Like

I think I am with you been in this hobby since 1995 and my planes do not keep their air speed, keep throttling down and then back up even with throttle at full, many other issues. I am going to take a look at Xplane or go back to Prepar3D. I might be giving up the nice maps etc but at least I can enjoy this hobby again. Once again Microsoft screwed the hobby community just like they did when they abandoned FSX with all the bugs etc.

4 Likes

I miss this…1984

3 Likes