Time to stop the world update until the sim is in a better place

Not even remotely true. World updates broke my perfectly working simulator. Even when I accepted the crappy performance after the first world update, they went and released another which borked it even more.

I didn’t ask for “free world updates worth hundreds of dollars”. I PAID for a working game.

World Updates are optional. You do not need to install them. You can also remove them if you do have them installed. Or install just the ones you want.

To Delete, go to the Content Manager. Same true with anything you do not want. Use the Content Manager to “Delete” them.

The only updates that are required are related to the core.

I get that. It’s the mandatory part of the world updates that borked the game for me. You know, the part that has to download and install even befoe the Sim will start after a world update. If only it was as easy as u installing the secondary scenery download from the market place…

Ah, understood. :slight_smile:

That part that you are talking about (comes from the client, MS Store/Steam) is the installer. 2nd part (in-game) would be any core updates. And yes, those you can’t stop (well you can, but it only pauses it until you come back to finish it).

But I hear you, it would be nice to pause it so you can play as they take forever to download. Then come back to install to keep current with what/may be coded in the cloud for it to work. There is a wishlist on this if you want to up vote and contribute too:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dont-force-users-to-update/274148

There’s some other wishlist topics about this as well:
Search results for ‘updates category:163’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

The more I read about these CTD- and stutter issues, the more it strikes me that lots of members have ZERO issues related to updates and other members keep complaining. There must be some cause for that particular member to have issues every time…

Maybe this is off topic, but I wonder if it would be useful to let people fill in 1) MSFS license type 2) regular usage of MP flying and 3) hardware configuration, somewhere in the forum profile. Show this info on the forum next to submits. Giving support and advice would become easier… and Asobo/MS can make a database with relevant info.

3 Likes

That’s actually a good idea. :wink:

We do suggest doing this in the “About Me” section of the profile, but it’s not specifically there for just that. This is suggested on the template used when posting in #bugs-and-issues

But having a field there just for that info would be great!

2 Likes

Agree 100% with you on this.

Fix the software before adding more FPS eating scenery and bugs.

Sim runs fine for me. Sorry for the people in which case it doesn’t. The suggestion of the topic starter will not change anything else other then we will see less updates. In the end we’ll end up with people like TS asking when they will get ‘their’ update. Accept the way Asobo/MS works and check back once in a while.

1 Like

I have turned on Dev Mode once or twice since it was discovered that Dev Mode disables (or disturbs) recording in the logbook.

That’s not the problem in this case, but thanks for the suggestion!

The last update was a combined SIm and World update hence. the issues.

Was Japan Update combined? Can’t remember. That’s the one where I first noticed the graphics and performance went from “wow” to “wtf?”

What??

RELEASE NOTES 1.15.7.0

UI

• Localization has been added for Japanese and Dutch
  • Incorrect fuel weight calculation when switching planes in the “Weight and Balance” screen has been fixed

PLANES

• S7 Airbus A320neo livery has been added
  • KLM Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner livery has been added
  • Fixed screens not turning on under rare circumstances
  • Fixed black screens for various Aviat Pitts Special S2S liveries
  • Updated Diamond DA40NG speed, ground roll and fuel consumption

INPUT:

• Honeycomb device 10 degrees heading issue has been fixed

ACTIVITIES

• Fix sim rate speed change according to the various activity types
  • Autopilot has been fixed in the second tutorial

Other than a couple minor fixes the last WU was not a SIM Update.

Don’t take my word for it.

I am really quite impressed with the members on this thread. This is usually a very heated topic and in previous discussions has degenerated pretty quick into name calling.

Good to to see AND read a discussion.
Let’s keep it that way. :+1:

1 Like

Might need to change T&Cs re data usage - it might not allow collection and processing of that type of data currently. But a good idea - potentially extended to include things like rolling cache on/off, AI v Real traffic etc

No it wasn’t. The next one is combined though. But in every world update there are some sim fixes.

There seems to be a multiplayer stutter issue when others are flying custom liveries.

But the ‘last update ruined the fps’ posts after every update, i think that’s just a ‘feeling’ thing. There are a lot of variables. You can have 40 fps in London, restart the sim and suddenly have 35 fps in London. When there has been an update people tend to blame the update for a change in performance. But maybe there is just more multiplayer traffic in the area or different weather.

According to some people the sim gets slower every update, if that were true the fps should be way lower than a year ago, which i don’t think happened.

I think the best way to compare performance is using a landing challenge, because the conditions are the same every time you run it.

1 Like

This sort of information is a standard on the ORBX Forums, at least as far as system specs are concerned. Seems like a grad idea to me.

Speaking of updates, do we know when the next sim-update is due to release?

1 Like

I understand everyone wants the best for this sim but when you start adding in other things there are going to be bugs. Some bugs affect other people differently. When we had come to an agreement on the world updates it was a great decision. In saying that it was also a very bad one. I noticed after WU3 the sim got worse. Like many other people, it was more bugs and more issues. I myself to this day cannot get the A320 screens on anymore. That is a very big issue to me since I love flying in the A320. I do think however that they if they already decided to let us vote on WU they should at least make a new one like Aviation Update 1,2,3… Instead of it being all separated. This at least in my opinion would ease everyone up. I think if this was added It would benefit both scenery folk and aviation folk. These little updates here and there for aviation just don’t do much and it really causes issues for people who want to immerse themselves into the sim.

It is my impression that Asobo are pushing scenery above everything else. World updates are important events. New scenery always gets a lot of discussion time during the Q&As. Now, it might be because this is what most of the community is after. And certainly scenery makes for a much better trailer than flight model updates. So it’s not necessarily a bad thing or a good thing. Just my observation.

What really irks me off is that instead of porting the engine to dx12U and making the pc version as stable and feature complete as possible, they are wasting so much development time on getting the xbox version out.

Once the xbox version is out(which will ofc bring a ton of bugs along with it) they will then again spend another 6 months trying to fix stuff for the console.

Personally I have shelfed msfs up until dx12u. This sim in its current state is a liablity for those who have high end systems. A microsoft title that uses a 10 year old dx11 api. What a joke…

1 Like