To Beaver or not to Beaver... that is the question

We intend to put GPS units in (like in the pic)… it’s a question of which ones… (We are not, at this time, doing a full digital version of the plane…eg: no G1000’s)

7 Likes

the gns530 seems to be the better choice. At this time, there is no very good units like on previous FS/P3D, so we have to deal with the stock gns with its mod (which is good).
Whatever intruments, the Beaver (especially yours) is always a pleasure to fly.

Like I said… only analog for now. The Otter,Totter and the Tbeaver will also be analog as well. We will not be doing the Viking update… (sorry for that).

4 Likes

Agreed, there are no good float planes/amphibs for MSFS yet, an amphib beaver would be fantastic. But if it’s only on wheels then that’s a hard pass.

The ability to use the addon GNS750 would be cool. I’m liking it in the Arrow - mainly because it’s very usable in VR. Having to set things by twirling knobs in VR can be a bit tedious.

You’re right, Asobo hasn’t made many, if any, but there are bunch of sceneries out there with them, especially in Alaska and around Washington State (that’s the only place I’ve paid attention, I imagine there are more). I put some up on Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire on NH69.

On the other hand, I’d agree that I think amphibious is absolutely the more practical choice. I didn’t mean to call that into question. If I were to ever purchase a Beaver, it would be amphibious.

We’ll see for me. Not necessarily a hard pass, but, yes, I’ll likely wait for the amphibious version. It seems to me that would be the most popular, and as @Krazycolin said, it seems like the tail dragger dynamics are the hardest. Assuming Asobo is improving water handling in a few weeks (?), I’d think the amphibious version would be the easiest to start with. But, then again, what do I know? :wink: (As I self-servingly “make” water dynamics easier to develop).

Anyway, yes, I agree, I’ve got tons of planes now, I can wait for the amphibious version.

Revision: We will do the amphib version first in the hopes that Asobo does their thing…

16 Likes

aerosoft seems to be very confident with their floating twin otter that asobo will do its part. I think bringing the Beaver amphibious version is a good decision.

1 Like

I’d be flying Kenmore Air and Alaska routes, so either float or amphibian would be awesome. Kenmore’s don’t have wheels, but I can just ignore the gear switch. :slight_smile:

Definitely hope that the floats make it, though. I don’t have much interest at all in a wheeled version. Most of the currently operated Beavers in these parts operate from water.

Given that Asobo showed a floatplane in the latest trailer for Xbox/SU5, and are adding water effects, I have to assume the water runway situation is going to improve soon.

1 Like

You’re right, Asobo hasn’t made many, if any, but there are bunch of sceneries out there with them, especially in Alaska and around Washington State (that’s the only place I’ve paid attention, I imagine there are more).

Links? None of the Alaska bush strips on flightsim.to mention water runways.

Keep an eye on the MSFS2020 scenery page at Return to Misty Moorings

3 Likes

Link to a search that brings up the Alaska Seaplane bases collections and others:

3 Likes

Search Alaska Seaplane Bases

Cannot wait for this one. Was following the freeware Beaver thread very closely but it seems that the project has been scrapped for now. I am happy that Milviz is doing it. Day 1 purchase.

Can we count on the engine sound recorded from a real aircraft?

It already was… so yeah…

3 Likes

will it be sell directly on your website and/or the market ? (personnaly, i prefer to pay directly the authors)

We always sell directly from our site initially in order to iron out issues. Once that’s done, out to vendors it goes…

3 Likes

@Krazycolin Please have a look at your engine, the R-985 has a supercharger, this throttle position at 2000 feet would massively overboost the engine. The Milviz version in P3D had full throttle = max MAP but I know it’s several years old. In the meantime you guys at Milviz have made tremendous progress with your turboprop simulation, the Kingair is absolutely gorgeous, it would be amazing if you could do the same with a supercharged radial engine. Full throttle in a Beaver or any P&W radial is just a thing that wouldn’t happen.

1 Like

Uh… you have seen that we released a supercharged Corsair…?

2 Likes